Musings on New Agent names

cersei

Matriculated
woo-hoo realised something on reading credits this viewing...

The 3 agents named in the movie are Agent Johnson, Agent Jackson and Agent Thompson.

Why these names? they are all derivations of traditional surnames ie son of John. son of Jackson and son of Thomas respectively. Reason is because they are upgrades ie ver 2.0 to first movies' agents.

(btw to those fact affendios, original 3 surnames are purposely the 3 commonest surnames in existence, Smith, Jones and Brown....refelecting perhaps their generic nature and designed to blend in)

i see your point but i really must say i think this might be stretching your love of the lore.

honestly now, i think you may have posted this for the sake of posting.

but no offence, eh.

I don't think it is stretching at all.
Yes, it is a trivial thing, but so are many of the other points we have been discussing (see the whole "What did the Architect mean when he said 'Please'?" convo).

I am inclined to think that there is little the Wachowski's have written into the Matrix world that isn't going to be meaningful in some way, trivial or no.

These agent programs have had upgrades, and are such second-gen, or something similar, so I think it was a fair point to raise.

ok then.
i just havent made any significant connections using these factoids yet, is all.

i did not post for sake of posting :) I only start a new thread if I thought others may ahve a bit of fun reading

just to share my thoughts about this amazingly deep movie. To quote Morpheus, "I do not believe in coincidences" when it comes to Matrix...every name, number, place have a meaning...