7.13: Grace

Arc_Angel

Mr. Flibble is very cross
Grace

SPOILERS
From Gateworld
The first details are in on a brand new episode, set to air late in Season Seven. SG-1 co-executive producer Joseph Mallozzi gave fans their first hint about the Carter-centered episode "Grace" in his new GateWorld WebLog!

Beware of some minor spoilers in the report below!

"Damian [Kindler] is doing a second pass on late-season episode and Carter character piece 'Grace,' a lovely little story that will no doubt show off Amanda [Tapping]'s acting talents. ... Carter gets trapped on a ship. Did someone say 'ship'?"

The episode may be the same story that Kindler pitched earlier this year, which is said to see Jacob Carter and his Tok'ra symbiote Selmak conflict over whether or not Sam should be sacrificed for a greater good.

He also mentioned the story behind Peter DeLuise's final script of the season -- "which sees the team returning to the Alpha Site in a desperate attempt to save one of their own." Earth's Alpha Site was first seen in Season Six's "Allegiance."

Thanx to Gateworld for the info
For more info look to www.gateworld.net

:D

(I'm looking forward to this ep as Sam is my fav character and I like Carter-centric eps :D ;))

More Spoilers!!
From Gateworld
"'Grace' will have one of the best space battles yet seen on Stargate. As mentioned before, the Prometheus has been retrieved from the planet in 'Memento' and is on its way home when it appears to come under attack. The alien vessel(s) open fire on ship, and Captain Ronson returns fire with four of six missile tubes. But the alien ship shoots down the missiles, and begins to drain the shields with either their weapons or a shield-draining beam.

"The captain orders all tubes to be fired. But before they are fired, Carter suggests that they try her plan. She runs to hyperspace control to override safety protocols to allow a small hyperspace jump. As she does this, the ship is rocked. They make it into a nearby gas cloud, but Carter is knocked unconcious. She awakens to find the ship deserted. She is badly injured, and all lifepods are gone. She hears someone singing 'Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star,' but falls unconcious.

"This episode may be played as one big dream sequence (besides the space battle), as Carter's loved-ones all appear to chime in with their analysis of her life. They seem to be making Carter realise that she has missed out on love, because of her job, etc. Daniel, O'Neill, Jacob and Teal'c all appear to her."

"Carter goes back to retrieve the Prometheus that we last saw in 'Memento,' where basically it was stranded off-world. Because the naquadria is unstable, they have to do short spurts in and out of hyperspace to cool the naquadria drive. So it's while they're popping in and out of hyperspace that they end up in a situation where Carter is knocked out. When she wakes up, the ship is deserted, the escape pods are gone, she's trapped, and the ship won't move. Then she begins to see and experience these weird visions, if you will.
"So it's a race against time for her to try and bring the ship online and try and figure out what the heck are these visions that she's seeing. It's kind of a fun episode, and there's potential there for some shippiness, but it's kind of early to tell." (Executive producer Joseph Mallozzi, in an interview with the Stargate SG-1 Explorer Unit)

"Damian is doing a second pass on late-season episode and Carter character piece 'Grace,' a lovely little story that will no doubt show off Amanda's acting talents (in much the same way [Michael Shanks] got to highlight his in 'Lifeboat,' and [Christopher Judge] in 'Orpheus'). Carter gets trapped on a ship ... Did someone say 'ship'?"

"Sam travels to retrieve the stranded Prometheus (last seen in Memento). On their way back to Earth, she and the crew run into a 'situation.' Carter is knocked unconscious and, when she awakens, discovered the crew is missing and the ship is trapped in a strange nebula

Thanx to Gateworld for the info
For more info look to www.gateworld.net

Sounds a little like Changling. This should be interesting.

Addtional Spoilers...

Additional spoilers for this upcoming episode can be found at:"Grace"

My thanks to SG-1 Solutions for the link.

Rowan

Pretty much like the spoilers said. The 'dream sequences' occurred as a result of Carter's head injury. There was an explosion that rocked the ship. When she awoke the lifeboats had all gone and the crew were missing.

Teal'c, Daniel, Jack, Jacob and Grace all appear to her. She imagines a passionate embrace with Jack. Jacob tells her that she ought to marry and have children.

Even at the end I'm not certain if anything at all really happened. It was designed so that you never knew if she imagined it, aliens planted it in her head, or it actually happened. I think it all happened in her head. That means that she must be subconciously dealing with all these issues herself.

But were the nebula's gases really attacking the Prometheus or was that in her mind too? And was Grace meant to be Sam herself as a young girl?

The aliens themselves were not shown. They are very aggressive but do hold up their end of the bargain at the end and then move away. Their ship is Goa'uld-like, but they are not Goa'uld or I think that it would have been said. I'm assuming that Captain Ronson and the rest of the crew (including Ingrid Kavelaars from 'Jeremiah') were not concious while they were on the alien vessel. When they returned he said 'What happened' as if they had just left. If they did meet the aliens then nothing was said about them.

There could have been more explanation on why and what the Prometheus was doing. It had apparently made 14 hyperspace jumps to get where it was and the engines were overheating. Why risk losing the ship and crew for a sightseeing tour?

I thought it was a godd ep but...

I'm not too keen on where this ep or some of the plot says the season is heading.

When they [producers/scriptwriters] do these kind of episodes with less of the cast invoved i think it is because either them or the cast have taken a holiday or they can't be bothered.

It only happens now and again and when it does in Stargate it doesn't normally take a lot away from the ep.

I know you shouldn't but after the episode finished i logged on and read ahead for the next one or two episodes, not much info but i didn't like some of it when written down.

I'll just have to hope that it is better on the screen.

:( :D :cool:

I kinda liked this one.
The scene between Sam and her father I thought was very nice and quite sweet.
It seemed to me that they were kind of finishing off the Sam and Jack thing..with her coming to the fact that she was going after Jack even though she knew that they could not have a relationship with Jack so that she would not have to find a relationship with another man.
I wonder if this means if she will have more relationships in future episodes.

Overall not a bad one but also not as good as I thought it was going to be!

It seemed to me that they were kind of finishing off the Sam and Jack thing..with her coming to the fact that she was going after Jack even though she knew that they could not have a relationship with Jack so that she would not have to find a relationship with another man.

Yeah they really were getting the hammer and the nail ready to put in that coffin :( maybe they'll hold off on swinging the hammer back for the time being.

Well you never know ;)

originally posted by pamie:

well i just got done watching on squinty vision. looks like this epi is a set up for chimeria when sam gets a boyfriend. otherwise how would they have her getting a guy while she's got a thing for jack...although they might not be killing off the whole shipper thing because heroes airs after chimeria and orginallly it was slated to air first. ;) ;)

All in all, not a bad episode. Think I was expecting abit more excitement though.

I agree that I think they were tying up the loose ends of the Sam and Jack thing!

Will probably read ahead myself. Like to know what's happening. :D

J

this was one of those really subtle eps, and if you haven't watched the show for a while, you probably won't get it.

the boys all appear to her and all of them represent a different part of her

teal'c is her warrior side, her paranoia, the part that expects the worse and thinks in tactics

daniel is her scholarly side. the part that will stay up all night studying something, the part that finds gas fascinating

jack is her confidence, a steadying presence, a protector and motivator

jacob is her regrets, her doubts. her acknowledging that he no longer expects her to follow in his footsteps to succeed. he's that little bit of doubt inside her that knows that she's missing something

grace is sam...that inner child that longs to blow bubbles or skip down the halls...but that inner child that she denies and buries under duty

the whole thing is about duty vs desire, what you want to do vs what you need or have to do...all with the metaphore/foreshadowing that time is running out

character development and friendship abounds...but if you're looking for action, better tune in next week.

to me this is one that needs to be watched a time or ten to get all the nuances

skydiver, :agree: i agree with you, this personality representation plot has been done many times over the years and of course not just in Sg1.

I don't know whether you would have to have been watching the show for ong to get it but every person to his/her own.

I think i might have been watching long enough though, when was Sg1 first aired on British TV, hmm, carry the one....well it was a few years ago now anyway.

All of this said from what i've been able to find out 7.13 will have quite an impact on the remaining episodes or some of them, either that i shall change some of my sources, some were a bit vague:cool:

well i for one am looking forward to all the fanfic this should bring forth.:rolly2: