Cast for Prisoner of Azkaban

Dave

Non Bio
Staff member
Gary Oldman to be in Harry Potter Movies.

The Dark Side of Gary Oldman fan Web site reported a rumor that Gary Oldman will appear in the next two Harry Potter movies.

News - Exclusive news!! Gary Oldman will be playing in the next two Harry Potter movies! I don't have any more details about it at the moment but I have been informed by a reliable source. More details will follow in future updates.

If the rumour was true, which is unlikely considering those about Dumbledore, I was wondering which character he might be....

Sirius Black? Mad-Eye Moody?

It is Sirius Black...

SCIFI WIRE -- Oldman Mulls Potter III

Gary Oldman is in talks to join the cast of the upcoming Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban sequel film for director Alfonso Cuaron and Warner Brothers, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The third installment in the studio's hit franchise, based on author J.K. Rowling's book series, will begin production Feb. 17, the trade paper reported.

Oldman would play the wizard Sirius Black, the escaped prisoner of Azkaban, who is later revealed to be Harry Potter's godfather, the trade paper reported. Adapted by Steven Kloves, Azkaban is being produced by Chris Columbus, David Heyman and Mark Radcliffe. Michael Barnathan and Callum McDougall are executive producing.

David Thewlis joins Harry Potter 3

By Ananova

A further two actors have been confirmed for the next Harry Potter film.

David Thewlis will play Professor Remus Lupin while comedian Jim Tavare takes the role of Tom, the bartender of The Leaky Cauldron.

They are expected to join Gary Oldman and Timothy Spall in Harry Potter And The Prisoner Of Azkaban.

Filming on the third Harry Potter movie is due to begin later this year.

Copyright Ananova 2003 all rights reserved

24/01/03 12:33

That will conclude the cast for the third film, except for a replacement for Dumbledore.

Gambon confirmed as Dumbledore.

from AOL News

Sir Michael Gambon will play Professor Albus Dumbledore in the next Harry Potter film.

He will replace actor Richard Harris, who died in October, after playing Dumbledore in the first two films.

Gary Oldman, Timothy Spall and The Fast Show star Paul Whitehouse will also join the cast of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, which begins shooting next week.

Is Paul Whitehouse to play Mad-Eye Moody? I can imagine him doing it the same way as the wine sipping toff character he does on The Fast Show.

Pam Ferris is to play Aunt Marge.
Ferris played the wicked Agatha Trunchbull in Matilda. I can see her as Aunt Marge.

Re: Gambon confirmed as Dumbledore.

Originally posted by Dave
Is Paul Whitehouse to play Mad-Eye Moody? I can imagine him doing it the same way as the wine sipping toff character he does on The Fast Show.

I read this at the Leaky Cauldron:
Paul Whitehouse portrays Sir Caddogan, a Knight who becomes the temporary guardian of Gryffindor Tower.

i have a complete cast listing here

Daniel Radcliffe ...Harry Potter
Rupert Grint ...Ron Weasley
Emma Watson ...Hermione Granger
Robbie Coltrane ...Hagrid
Alan Rickman ...Professor Snape
Alfred Enoch ...Dean Thomas
Tom Felton ...Draco Malfoy
Michael Gambon ...Albus Dumbledore
Richard Griffiths ...Uncle Vernon
Robert Hardy ...Cornelius Fudge
Joshua Herdman ...Gregory Goyle
Matthew Lewis ...Neville Longbottom
Harry Melling ...Dudley Dursley
Devon Murray ...Seamus Finnigan
Gary Oldman ...Sirius Black
James Phelps ...Fred Weasley
Oliver Phelps ...George Weasley
Chris Rankin ...Percy Weasley
Timothy Spall ...Peter Pettigrew
Jim Tavaré ...Tom
David Thewlis ...Professor Lupin
Jamie Waylett ...Vincent Crabbe
Paul Whitehouse ...Sir Cadogan
Mark Williams ...Mr. Weasley
Luke Youngblood ...Lee Jordan
David Bradley ...Argus Filch
John Cleese ...Nearly Headless Nick
Warwick Davis ...Professor Flitwick
Miriam Margolyes ...Professor Sprout
Fiona Shaw ...Aunt Petunia
Maggie Smith ...Professor McGonagall
Leilah Sutherland ...Alicia Spinnet
Danielle Taylor ...Angelina Johnson
Julie Walters ...Mrs. Weasley
Bonnie Wright ...Ginny Weasley
Julie Christie ...Madam Rosmerta
Emily Dale ...Katie Bell
Pam Ferris ...Aunt Marge
Dawn French ...The Fat Lady

Looks a very good cast list to me. Can't wait to see those stars in this film. I think Gary Oldman will be brilliant as Sirius. Robert Hardy will be good as Cornelius Fudge too.

annette :D

oh now to wait till it comes out(starts pacccing in annoyance):rolly2:

LOL you must have patience dear Tim. Patience is a virtue. :D

annette :)

i know, i a't wait for the intro of my favouritist character,
(altho the cow JKR killed him off!!! :crying:)

edited by Dave :(

sorry annette i try i really do but its just so hard, she had better not make me wait as long as last time:mad: :rolly2:

Emma Thompson is Trelawney

from SciFi Wire
Emma Thompson has been added to the cast of 'Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban' as Divination instructor Professor Trelawney, according to Australian newspaper 'The Herald Sun'. Thompson's character plagues Harry and his classmates with mostly false predictions based on the dubious art of fortunetelling using tea leaves and crystal balls.

The film, directed by Alfonso Cuaron, will be the third installment in the franchise based on the popular children's books by J.K. Rowling. Thompson joins an already distinguished cast of British actors including fellow newcomers Gary Oldman and Julie Christie and Potter regulars Alan Rickman and Maggie Smith. Currently filming in the U.K., 'Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban' will be released in June of 2004.

Tim trys not to fidget to much as he waits fot it:(, why cant it come faster,

thanks for the update Dave:D:rolly2:

Emma Thompson will be kewl as Trelawney. Can't wait :flash:

annette :0

i come back from my hols the day it comes out. oh well!!

annette :(

if things were that easy Tim. i shall get one as soon as i can and also find someone to go with me to see it. :rolly2:

annette :)

I've just seen a picture of Sirius and Lupin. Sirius looks like I imagined him, but as for Lupin... is it just me, or does that moustache make him look kind of creepy? :eek: