MICHAEL SHANKS
CHRISTOPHER JUDGE

Also from FARSCAPE (and supporting Australian talent) will be:
ANTHONY SIMCOE
DAVID FRANKLIN

Dates: January 10th-12th 2003
Venue: The Millenium Hotel, Kings Cross, Sydney

For more information: visit www.bobw.com.au

This will be MS's first convention since news of his fulltime return to the show was announced last weekend. It will also be the first time that both MS & CJ have appeared at a convention together.

Regards,

Arthur

Can't wait myself....had my tickets booked for two months!!! Was speaking to Adele today at "A day with Amanda Tapping" here in Melbourne. And if Chris & Michael are half as good as Amanda, it will be well worth going!!

Reester:rolly2:

before i book anything, i want to know if tickets are refundable/adjusted if any or all stargate guests cancel.

no shelbs dont laugh, im being totally serious here!
im on a convention high, and i wanna see if anthything could possibly top FSF's Amanda Tapping convention, plus you know how i was when i met amanda, imagine how ill be aroung michael and chris ;) ;) ;)
no i would really like to go to the BOBW Chris and Michael providing i dont loose out on my money like people have in the past. (and no im not starting a war or anything, im stating a fact. Ascifi is a highly respected Bulletin Board, and im having an adult conversation)

I know Josh. But yeah, I think you should go. Meeting Chris and Michael would be fun, and the actual experience of meeting them makes up for the other downsides.

The question of refunds is reasonable, I've heard of other conventions where that is a problem.

If have yet to hear of a *confirmed* case of BOBW not refunding money where it was owed that has not been malicious rumour only. The BOBW people are quite approachable if you want to ask the question directly.

For example, after the October Babylon 5 convention had to be cancelled all bookings were immediately offered the choice of a refund, or transfer to the next convention. Those who wanted refunds got them (my brother was one of them).

Re: January, If your budget can stand it, may I recommend one or more of the evening parties as well. They are a great opportunity to meet the guests in a casual environment. Its really cool when you are introduced one night, and they remember you the next day.

There's also more good news for Star Wars fans heading to the BOBW con in Jan. There is a display on at the same time (convention centre, I think!) of Star Wars memorabilia, costumes, and actual models used in the movies. This display is on until February. I've seen pics, and it looks fab......so guess who's going to have an absolutely fantabulous time for her first trip to Sydney????? Michael Shanks, Chris Judge, and Star Wars all on the same weekend!!! Only 55 more sleeps!!! lol lol lol

Reester :rolly2:

Convention reminder

Thought I'd bring this thread to the top of the page as a reminder for anyone interested in the convention. Tell your friends and family to get a ticket for you as a christmas pressie ;)

As an added Bonus (especially if you missed out on the Farscape convention earlier in the year) Jonathon Hardy (voice of Rygel) and Lani Tupu (Captain Crais) will the present in the Dealers room over the weekend to sign autographs. With Anthony and David as guests, this makes for quite a Farscape autograph fest!!

As Farscape production has now stopped, your chances of getting these guys together in one place is now slim.

Of course, this is all in addition to the opportunity to see Michael and Chris together!!

More information is at www.bobw.com.au

see you all there!

id love to go, but tis difficult as i live out in the bronx of australia :)

I really want to go now, but not for any of the guests on the list...I just read that Michael Shanks will be bringing Lexa Doig ('Rommie' from Andromeda) with him. I don't watch Andromeda, but phwoarrrr....
Raptor

Is incorrigible a big word that means I'm pretty damn sexy and Lexa would want me bad? Thanks, Deb!
Raptor

If that is what you would like it mean, you keep on thinking that :D :D :D :D

taking a stab in the dark i think it means you need to be kept on a leash....?

To quote a famous movie (Sound of Music to be exact!! LOL)......

Kurt: "What does incorrigible mean?"
Maria: "I think it means you won't be treated like a boy."

Unless you REALLY, REALLY want to be, Raptor!!! ROTFLMAO!!! It sounds along the same lines as Martouf's explanation, methinks!!!

Reester :rolly2: :rolly2:

I think incorrigeable means leash, muzzle and a bucket of cold water nearby!

Won't be able to go, but I've met Michael, Chris and Lexa over here in the UK. They are all wonderful guests! And someone please ask Michael and Lexa if they have any cats yet. :D

Also, I was wondering, what are the ticket prices?

(Note: These are the prices as I understand them, you should confirm their accuracy when booking: www.bobw.com.au)

Price vary from AUS$135 to $250 per day, depending on whether you want to just turn up, be guaranteed autographs, and/or get a photo with the guests...etc.

The evening events are $50, $70 and $50 for Friday cocktails, Saturday Banquet and Sunday Wrap Party respectively. The evening events are only open to convention attendees and numbers are strictly limited for these.

Divide the above figures by three to get rough equivalents in Pounds Sterling.

BOBW also has an accomodation deal at the Millenium Hotel where the event is being held. Rooms start at about $120 per night for a twin room (thus if you share, its only $60 per night, with a full buffet breakfast only $10 extra). You have to book through BOBW to get these room prices - and they can arrange shares if required.