Sort of News About Season 2!!

Me too, I'm going to try and cross my feet fingers too. :lol: You know the more the better. :eek:

Krystal ;)

I would, but my toes tend to cramp ;)

Hard enough typing with crossed fingers :D

:lol: I think this is the Season 2 that I have wish to see more than any other. Can't want to think what will happen is there is no season 2 :( But I'm positive that we will see it. :p

Krystal :cool:

More news about Season 2, I think this are better than the others because it have more details and for a rumor to have so many details will be just incredible. :D Anyway, the official news will always be something from Showtime or JMS. :p So check this url http://www.scifi2k.com/anews2187.html . 15 episodes Yahoooooooooo! :rolly2: :laugh2: :circle: That are great news, I'm so excited. ;)

Krystal :rain:

Finally, official word that Jeremiah have been renewed. From JMS himself. Check it out.
http://abyss.hubbe.net/jeremiah/news.html

So, it's time to celebrate. :rolly2: I'm dancing in the clouds. :D And looking forward more than anything for the second season and what will happen with Jeremiah, Kurdy, Markus and the Thunder Mountain group. And of course, Valhalla Sector. :p

Krystal :laugh2:

SCIFI WIRE -- Showtime Renews Jeremiah
Showtime has renewed its SF series Jeremiah for a second season and signed The Lord of the Rings co-star Sean Astin to join a cast that includes Luke Perry and Malcolm-Jamal Warner, according to Variety. The cable network commissioned 15 new episodes of the J. Michael Straczynski-produced series, which will begin production on Oct. 23. Straczynski's credits include the SCI FI Original Series Babylon 5 and the B5 sequel telefilm The Legend of the Rangers.

Based on the comic book by Herman Huppen, Jeremiah takes place in a post-apocalyptic future in which survivors of a deadly virus called the "Big Death" attempt to rebuild civilization. Astin will play Mr. Smith, who will team with Kurdy (Warner) to build new alliances while Jeremiah (Perry) remains in captivity and prepares to meet his father. Variety added that Showtime has yet to renew its other SF program, Odyssey 5.

Being in the UK, I've still not seen 'Jeremiah', but I have seen the first episode of 'Odyssey 5', and I will be most upset if that is not renewed.

Hum! Definitely want to see next season soon. So Kurdy will have another partner, did that will mean that Jeremiah will be in captivity for a long time. :eek: Interesting, looking forward to see it. I hope it begins next year because I don't want to miss it during my vacations. :mad:

Krystal :p

Well, here is the complete article from Showtime of the renewal of Jeremiah. Goodie! the new season is in 2003 so I won't missed it during my vacations. :rolly2:

"JEREMIAH" QUEST CONTINUES FOR SHOWTIME/MGM AS POPULAR SCI-FI SERIES IS RENEWED FOR 2003

SERIES STARS LUKE PERRY, MALCOLM-JAMAL WARNER AND SEAN ASTIN AND WILL NOW BE DELIVERED IN HDTV

NEW YORK, NY (Oct. 2, 2002)-- Showtime Networks has renewed JEREMIAH for a second season with 15 additional episod
es and has added Sean Astin ("The Lord of the Rings" "Staying Together") to the show, which stars Luke Perry (Beverly Hills, 90210) as "Jeremiah" and Malcolm-Jamal Warner (Malcolm & Eddie) as "Kurdy." The Sci-Fi series from MGM is created for television by sci-fi icon J. Michael Straczynski, creator & executive producer of Babylon 5. It has been an important part of Sci-Fridays on SHOWTIME along with the network's other new series ODYSSEY 5. The show will go into production October 23, 2002 and will now be produced and aired in high definition television - HDTV.

In the new season, Sean Astin, known for his role as Samwise Gamgee in "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy, will play a quirky colorful character named "Mr. Smith" who will partner with Warner's character, "Kurdy." Together they will go out on the road to help forge new alliances that will help in the rebuilding of their nation.

The series is set in a future post-apocalyptic world where, almost a decade before, a deadly virus wiped out the world's adult population sparing only those who hadn't reached puberty. Now, the oldest survivors of the "Big Death" are trying to survive and create a civilization out of the chaos that ensued after the adults died, and with them much of society's collective wisdom.

During the first season, Jeremiah was hoping to locate a mysterious place called Valhalla, which his father claimed might hold some hope for the survivors, but this personal quest was redirected when he met up with Kurdy and they discovered a group of highly organized survivors at Thunder Mountain who wanted to enlist them to orchestrate peace among the warring factions and to try and prevent the killer virus from returning. As the second season opens, Jeremiah has been separated from Kurdy in the aftermath of a struggle with forces from the Valhalla Sector. He is being held in captivity and is about to be reunited with his father - a mysterious figure who holds the answers to many secrets about Jeremiah's world.

JEREMIAH is based on Platinum Studios' comic book-to-film adaptation based on the award-winning comic book by Belgian author Hermann Huppen. The series is being produced by Jeremiah Productions Inc. in association with Lion's Gate Television and Platinum Studios and will be distributed by MGM Worldwide Television Distribution.

Straczynski will serve as showrunner and executive producer, alongside Grant Rosenberg who has produced and written for "The Outer Limits" and "Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman." The executive producers also include, Luke Perry, Scott Mitchell Rosenberg who developed the hit film Men In Black and Ervin Rustemagic. Showtime creative executive is John Vasey. For MGM the creative executive is Craig Roessler.

Krystal :rain:

More news about Season 2 - Caution! It have spoilers.

Hey! find more news about Season 2, but to those that haven't see Season 1 completley it have spoilers. So first end seeing Season 1 and then check out the url. It have an interesting tidbit about one character. Specially it was interesting for me after all what happen in Season 1. :eek:

Sean Austin's Official Site

Some other news of Season 2

Find this other news of Season 2 in other forum. Careful, it have spoilers.

MGM Scifi Newsletter

Also it looks like Season 2 could be show in the US in august 2003. Let's hope so and cross fingers. ;) I really missing my Jeremiah fix. :lol:

Season 2 Airdate

Showtime announce Season 2 airdate as September 19 at 10:00pm . :rolly2:

Season 2 New Airdate

Showtime again change the airdate of Season 2 of Jeremiah. Now is Friday October 10 at 10:00pm. Let's hope that this time the date is final.

Is you haven't see the trailers for Season 2 that have been show in Showtime check them out at The Abyss.

Is a must see, after seeing it I'm really wanting more to see Season 2. It looks awesome. So check it out.

Although also a bad news is that JMS mention that is there is a Season 3 of Jeremiah he wouldn't be involved. That really don't look well for Jeremiah. Let's hope things change during Season 2.

Krystal :cool:

Not showing in the UK

:mad: Not happy that it looks like Sky One are not going to be showing Season 2 in the UK.

Any other UK fans out there? We should all complain. I am seeing Peter Stebbings at an event in November in London, maybe we should give him a letter to take back or something. Is anyone else going, we could start a petition there!!

Dayna

Originally posted by Dayna
I am seeing Peter Stebbings at an event in November in London, maybe we should give him a letter to take back or something. Is anyone else going, we could start a petition there!!

Dayna you're so fortunate to see Peter, please after you go give us the details here. ;)

I really hope the UK fans have the opportunity to see Season 2, for what they have shown in the promos this season is going to be definitely awesome, is going to be a wild ride. Is you haven't checked the last promo, one from the Canadian tv check it out. The word is explosive. :eek:

The link again is here: The Abyss

Krystal

Countdown to Season 2 have begin!

Well finally October is here and in three days Season 2 begins finally. :rolly2:

So, am I the only one waiting to see it. I wonder where Gemsong have go? ;)

I can't wait, everything points that it going to be a wild ride. :rotate:

Krystal :laugh2:

Please no big spoliers in this thread, but tell me what's happening with this show. I quite enjoyed Season 1 on Sky I in the UK, but it got shown later and later into the night until I had to video it to watch it. Then Season 2 hasn't been shown at all. It seems that only half a season was made, but I read this....

from SciFi Wire

Jeremiah Gets New Ally

Canadian actress Enid-Raye Adams, who will guest star in Showtime's Jeremiah, told SCI FI Wire that she'll join series star Luke Perry as a new ally in the upcoming final eight episodes of the SF series. Starting with the Sept. 10 episode, "The Question," Adams will play Gina, Jeremiah's (Perry) aide and liaison in the town of Millhaven. She will appear in five episodes.

"We first meet Gina as a hungry drifter, with an attitude," Adams said in an interview. "She has had to do things you wouldn't want to think of to survive in this world. At first, she joined [Thunder] Mountain to get three square meals and shelter. Then she found a purpose with Jeremiah and Kurdy [Malcolm-Jamal Warner]. And, more importantly, somewhere to finally belong."

Series creator J. Michael Straczynski tapped Adams for the role, she said. "I was very lucky to have him offer me the part of Gina in the show," she said. "He would take me aside on set, and with great excitement, show me what he had in store for me in the following episode. There is a scene in 'The Past Is Prologue' where I stomp around in the rain and mud yelling the 'F' word over and over. Joe was so stoked about it that he actually acted it out in front of me like a kid at Christmastime with a new toy."

An adaptation of Hermann Huppen's post-apocalyptic French comic book, Jeremiah will complete its second season after initiating a run of seven episodes in October 2003.

Which seems like the rest of Season 2 is being made....?

Well, they're finally are showing the last episodes on Showtime. Two episodes every Friday night and repeat them Saturdays at Showtime Too. And the only thing I can say is the episodes are just awesome, much better than Season 1. With a great plot and interesting characters. Is strange that they haven't show them yet there, since every other country have shown Season 2 completely. And is a shame because it definitely worth it.