No Daleks for Doctor Who

Jayaprakash Satyamurthy

Knivesout no more
_39904552_dalek_203.jpg

The BBC has confirmed that the new Doctor Who series will not feature everybody's favourite extermination-bent salt shakers after talks with Dalek creator Terry Nation's estate broke down.

More here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/tv_and_radio/3859651.stm

Beat me too it - glad to see the article up. :)

And Terry Nation - blimey, that name seems to get everywhere these days. :0

Is this man pretty much single-handedly responsible for classic British science fiction on BBC TV?

Unbelievable!

Dr Who without the Daleks is like Laurel without Hardy

Next they'll be using human actors for Thunderbirds - or something just as ludicrous :D

They absolutely HAD to do Dr. Who witht the Daleks. I'm glad that the suits were able to work out a deal. Other than the Master, the Daleks are probably the best known Dr. Who bad guys.

Yes, nothing like being terrorised by a midget in an upturned dustbin or a man in illfitting plastic armour.
You relise they'll probably spoil it by making it more realistic :)

The look of them is great - there's something very distrubing about the shape. And they are only ever going to be as scary as they are scripted to be - if I remember right, as a kid, the Daleks had a habit of suddenly appearing from behind doorways, uncannily tracking the Doctor. Shriek!

Well I have to admit the first time my sis and I saw the episode where they burst through the wall while Romana is wondering around lost- that definitely surprised us! It was GREAT!:D I can't remember which episode that was? Dawn of the Daleks? Something like that. The one with the cool looking Egyptian dudes in those tight suites! They were cool! :p

Apparantly they are now re-designing the daleks, even though they were killed off...

...dunno quite how that works but they will surely be back in a future series, hopefully.

PERCON