What Was The 1st Batman Film You Saw?

My first Batman film was Tim Burton's batman. A great film.

That said, my first exposure to batman was the old 60s TV series with Adam West.

Yea my first exposure to Batman too! So when the first movie came out and it was all dark and moody I thought Ha,they got it wrong,its nothing like that old series which was fun. I didn't realise that the original comics were err dark and moody! It was the creators of that (now dreadful) TV series that got it wrong!

It was the time though AE, it was the time.

I really do like the new Batman.

We have two things to be grateful to the TV series for: Alfred and Batgirl.

Alfred was originally nothing like Alan Napier and (I think) had even been killed off in the comics by the time the TV series was commissioned. On the other hand, maybe Bob Hoskins would have played him instead of Michael Cane, which might have been interesting.

Batgirl was introduced in the TV series to provide Robin/Dick with a love interest in response to the gay accusations that went around at the time. Originally, Aunt Harriet was intended to dispel those rumours, but that was a mis-judged ploy. Anyway, Dozier put Batgirl into the TV series and, in collaboration with the comics, Carmine Infantino put her in the back pages of Detective, too.

Curiously, while the camp humour of the TV series began to reflect itself in both the Batman and Detective periodicals, Infantino (and Denny O Neill, I think) made Batgirl a little more serious than that. Not much, but a little.

The series and the film that went with it were my first exposure, of course, and actually seeing a real live Batmobile was about the biggest thrill of the whole Bat-experience in a time when custom cars were very, very rare and Pimp My Ride hadn't even come close to being a glint in the eye of the intent of the whim of the grandfather of the man who brought X-ibit and West Coast Motors to MTV screens worldwide.

But as for the first encounter with the real Batman, that was delivered by Tim Burton in 89, mere months after I'd devoured the Miller canon on the subject.

Returns, but my favourite memories come from the cartoon (Mark Hamill's Joker Voice was awesome).

Well if we count the "movie" from the Adam West Tv series that would be it.As a youngster I thought it was good fun.
Otherwise it would be the first Michael Keaton/Tim Burton Batman from 1989(?)
I remember feeling rather disappointed at the time and was never very satisfied until Batman Begins came out years later.

It was of course the one with the Bat Shark Repellent! Yeah baby! They don't make 'em like that anymore, and that is coming from someone who thought the best modern day Batman film was Batman Forever. Yep. I said it.

The Batman with Michael Keaton. But the first I ever saw was the series with Adam West and Burt Ward (Sky One, Sat 1 or Pro 7 played it back in the 80s. Of course, the last two channel played it in German. Now that was interesting. As Robin said on those two channels; Heiliger Katastrophe! :) )

1989's Batman (I don't think the television series counts right?). Definitely held the mantle until the recent reboot, Keaton was definitely the best of the old school. Nicholson is king.