5.21: Meridian

skydiver

Trivia Goddess
meridian

this was just posted on spilergate so...i odnt' know just how accurate it is...

MERIDIAN A catastrophe on another world leaves the status of SG-1 in balance; Daniel Jackson has a life-altering decision to make. Guest characters include Oma Desala ("Maternal Instinct"), Liander, Tomis and Scientist. Supposedly airs before "Revelations", the fifth season finale.

now it is possible it is just a re-write and change of title to an existing eps....

You know? that's interesting in the light of MS leaving. Sounds to me as though they are going to use the Oma Desala storyline to send Daniel off somewhere in search of himself or something. That would make it very easy to write him out but not kill Daniel off. Then it would be very easy to write him in an occasional episode. Far less painful than any other way of doing it.

;)

I have this strange feeling that you are correct Anni. Perhaps what he is looking for is Shifu.... and the goa'ulds or someone has him and off Daniel goes....

Or maybe he goes with Oma Desala to learn about her .... she is a rebel after all and maybe he wants to meet the rest of them...

or he ascends like orlin did...and then can also descend back to being human....i have this funny image

level 25, glowing god like entities
level 23, hardware
level 19, lingerie
level 2, ordinary humans....

going up???

taken from scifiguide.net

September 28, 2001
The fate of Dr. Daniel Jackson will be decided in the second-to-last episode of Season Five, "Meridian." Actor Michael Shanks has decided not to sign on as a regular cast member for the show's sixth season (story), and will depart the show before the season finale.

Now the first plot info for "Meridian" is in, thanks to a glimpse at script material made available to casting agencies. But be warned, the details below include big spoilers for this episode and the fate of Dr. Jackson. Proceed at your own risk!

Ready?

"Meridian" tells the story of an alien world threatened with destruction when they attempt to build a weapon of mass destruction. An accident threatens thousands of people, and Daniel sacrifices himself to save them -- exposing himself to massive radiation.

Back in the SGC infirmary, Jackson lays dying. He is saved by Oma Desala, a powerful alien being (and guardian of Shifu, the Harcesis child) who Daniel first met in Season Three's "Maternal Instinct." Oma arrives and helps him ascend beyond his mortal body (a process we've also seen with Shifu in Season Four's "Absolute Power," and Orlin in this year's "Ascension").

This, of course, allows Dr. Jackson to return for guest appearances in Season Six -- and for the Stargate SG-1 feature film, likely to start production late next year. Jackson could even return to his human form and abandon the ascension, as Orlin did.

Thanks for posting the excerpt from Starguide Teal'c! I know there are a few people who don't surf that site, but who like to get information about upcoming episodes.

It certainly sounds as thought they are going to 'progress'Daniel rather than kill him off, especially if they want him to guest occasionally, which is a positive thing for all of the Daniel fans.

:cool:

Higher Being or Major Make-over?

Yeah, but when Daniel comes for vacation from his ascended-ness, will he be as weird as Orlin was?
I suppose he will retain his basic personality?

You don't suppose when/if he visits he'll expect everyone to call him "Your Royal Highness" or something do you? "Master of the Universe?" <g>
Expect the non-ascendors to serve him coffee and stuff? Bring him his slippers? [Back off, girls.]

- O

I can see myself crying my guts out when Danny leaves. It's gonna be hard to watch it an not have the wonderful Doctor Jackson there. I hope MS realises how many hearts he's breaking.
:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

i agree its going to be hard daniel leaving, i can't imagine stargate
without him, but i'm sure michael didn't take the decision to leave lightly, still gonna miss him though:crying: i did read somewhere that he is still up for the film :D ...peachy

It'll be tough to watch the show without Daniel, but on the other side it's nice that they're not static characters. That they grow and change and sometimes they have to leave. That's how life is sometimes.

you know, i no longer watch the x files so much since mulder was abducted...i dunno, x files without mulder, it's not really the x files right?
just saying that if ms leaves the show...well maybe some people will quit watching stargate..or maybe they'll keep on watching, but ya know.without daniel jackson...

Originally posted by stillzen
you know, i no longer watch the x files so much since mulder was abducted...i dunno, x files without mulder, it's not really the x files right?
just saying that if ms leaves the show...well maybe some people will quit watching stargate..or maybe they'll keep on watching, but ya know.without daniel jackson...

Ya, I stopped watching X-files when Mulder was ubducted & only watched guest appearances...have you seen the end? I liked that. Someone said there's a new season, but I haven't bothered to find out about it.

ya know, if DJ is leaving, why not put ray'ac (? TEAL'C's son) as a replacement I mean the kid must be old enough to join SGC and he can help his papa :alienooh:

OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH!! Coffeecup I LOVE that Idea! And my son is the right age and color! Same as T-Man cafe au lait! You go, girl!:D :D

SPOILERS FOR MERIDIAN from CJ Interview on Vicki Gabereau

They showed a short clip from Meridian on the talk show....

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

P

A

C

E

Teal'c is standing in Daniel's office. The lighting is sort of fuzzy
and it seems to be a dream sequence of some kind. Daniel is standing
by his desk going through some paperwork while Teal'c is standing
closeby, nearly in tears. Teal'c says:

"If you are to die Daniel Jackson, I wish you to know that I believe
that the fight against the Goau'ld will have lost one
of its greatest warriors."

Daniel pauses for a moment as if he hears Teal'c but it almost seems
as if he can't see Teal'c there.

Then there is a flash (dream sequence over) and Teal'c is standing in
the infirmary looking down (presumably at Daniel, even though we
don't see him, since there are beeping noises from the medical
equipment.) and Teal'c says:
"And I will have lost one of my greatest friends!"

It looked VERY powerful!!!

Maybe the whole 'dream sequence' is Teal'c getting through to Daniel
while he is unconscious. Anyway...I thought I'd let you guys know
that there were major emotions in this one little scene.

Pam3,
Thanks for the Spoiler post.... It is wonderful to know that they aren't just going to be calm about this event!

I want tears & screams of anguish...from the guys, it's too easy to make the women the weepy ones.

i'd like to see buckets of blood, preferably the whole team's blood, but I doubt I'll get my wish! Either in this or any other episode.

SG1 should go out as a team altogether in a blaze of guts and glory!!! Anubis should be the last person in the scene, holding up Jack's severed head! Which he shouldn't miss because he hardly uses it anyway!

Instead of which we're going to get lots of wimpy angst, gushing tears and I may barf up my supper!

:evil: :evil: :evil: