5.22: Revelations

skydiver

Trivia Goddess
the season finale

all joe would say was that he wrote it and it's called revelations....very interesting title...

Well, I guess up to a point they would have to wait until they knew if there was another series, before writing. Otherwise it could be a very pre-planned final ep (e.g. ST:TNG, ST:V, Quantum Leap et al) from which there would be no return if the franchise did get subsequently extended.

We also know that the new Goa'uld, main protganist will be introduced round about there. As this was mentioned by Brad Wright in the Cinescape interview. This will build events slowly up towards the Movie ;)

soon to be the end

Season is almost over now and we finally get to find out why the Asgard have not answerd any collect phone calls from mother earth. This should be interesting wonder what the cliffhanger is gonna be to keep us thinking until next season. Not to mention Osiris and Carter come face to face in a confrontation .

I think the ep will deal with the revelations of the last episode. And maybe it'll reveal what's been going on with the Asgard. Also I heard that it reveals the new gould and shows us his face.
Should be cool.

I saw the TV Spot for Revelations on Sky One. I'm not really looking forward to it. It will in a way be a cross between the Goa'uld/Asgard type stories. There won't be a cliff hanger at the end of this episode. Therefore we will have some closure at the end of series which has another episode to follow. I think that the idea that it won't be a two parter will be interesting as this has never been done on Stargate and it is not too common technique in most shows.

Most of the Asgard shots were CGI. This will be a big SFX episode I believe considering that the last one, Meridian, was more of a character episode centred around the base and not a heavy SFX episode.

James Tichenor and his team are making a big leap in CGI effects this year. They are getting better at doing all sorts of SFX on a TV Budget. Imagine what they could produce for a two hour feature, with a budget notmally held out for an entire series?

Originally posted by Calen2k
I heard that it reveals the new gould and shows us his face.
Should be cool.

If all this season has been leading up to the big, bad Gou'ald being a revived, replicator - messed -up Apophis, I'm just gonna SHOOT myself!!!:mad:

On the contrary, I think that would be quite cool.

I think Apophis will always be the ultimate Stargate villan. He can't die and it's not right to kill him off since he's been there from day one. I do hope that we see him again. Maybe not necessarily as a Replicator hybrid, but just there in some form or another.

I read this in TV guide

"Carter and Osiris come face to face in a confronatation that can only end in tragedy, but for whom?"

Sounds cool :D

I red that too, and saw the spoiler on tv. Are we sure that this ep isn't a cliff hanger?
I am looking forward to this episode.
But it means that we have to wait another 8 months ( or so ) before the last season starts.

Battle of the Beanpole Blondes!

"Carter and Osiris come face to face in a confronatation that can only end in tragedy, but for whom?"

Well, considering that TPTB decided that Sam is now the star, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out which one will buy the farm.

Nooo! They can't kill Osiris! Why can't they keep a new Go'auld around for more than a few seasons?
Raptor

She may not neccissarily pop it, she may loose a huge part of her army or something.
I didn't see the spolier on TV though, what happened on it lisa?

It's not Apophis, at least I don't think it is. It should be the Gou'ald that Osiris is working for. One of the writers mentioned something along those lines in an interview. But we'll see on Wednesday, so it's all good. :)

Originally posted by Calen2k
It's not Apophis, at least I don't think it is. It should be the Gou'ald that Osiris is working for. One of the writers mentioned something along those lines in an interview.

Yes, but how do we know it's not Apophis working under an assumed name?
I'm just speculating here, but it IS a possibility that Apophis could have survived the whole replicator-chow incident, and has been emassing his forces under an assumed name only to come back and recruit Osiris and the other guy (as seen in the episode where Daniel was a slave to Yu -> I think his name is Tanith?) , and destroy (more or less) the Tok'ra, and now the tau'ri, in order to reclaim his once great empire. :D

Originally posted by Raptor
Nooo! They can't kill Osiris! Why can't they keep a new Go'auld around for more than a few seasons?

Even if they DO kill off Osiris / Sarah , they can always sarcophagous her sexy *ss back to life!!

well from the tv clip my guess is that osiris has got onto a asgard ship and taken control and from what i hear there is something about someone being able to get thru the iris this can only end in disaster

die anubis die

Yeah, on the clip, Sam said that the Goa'uld had found a way to get through the Iris. Also, the asguard were threatening Osiris , and Osiris had a Goa'uld hand device at Sam's head. It showed Sam and and asguard looking at some kind of alien ( pure white, in a pod thing, kinda human looking, like a hybrid). It showed them shooting, talking to the asguards, and one of the Asguard was saying that they were a dieing race. :alienooh: :dead:

Also, in the TV clip, there were 2 ha'taks in space, and one was shooting at the other.

This hybrid thing is interesting. I read somewhere that either at the end of this season, or during season 6, there'd be a story about Asgard cloning. Maybe the Asgard are worried about the fact that they're "a dying race", and are cloning themselves or something.

Anyway, I can't wait to find out!!:D