Emergency, Michael Shanks will be in San Diego

sha'uri's smile

Gate Groupie
I'm new here, but went to Gatecon last year and am going again this year. I know this might be alot to ask of a complete stranger but I really need help. If anyone who lives nearby the convention center would be willing to go and get his autograph for me and my friend, and I'm assuming yourself, I'll pay any and all costs to get in and for the photos to get autographed. He's supposed to be there July 21st, from 3-6pm, signing autographs. I just saw this information on the official website after my friend e-mailed me about it. For anyone who knows the show, you know this is a rare opportunity. I'm going to be on vacation at the time or else I'd go since I'm just in WA. If you think you might be willing to do this for me, please e-mail me and I'll do whatever it takes to assure you I'm serious.

Here's some of the info: Actor Michael Shanks, Dr. Daniel Jackson of Stargate SG-1, will make a rare public appearance at Comic-Con. Michael will be at the San Diego Convention Center on July 21 from 3:00 PM - 6:00 PM, signing autographs
and meeting with fans! Don't miss this once-in-a-lifetime event!

Here's the site address if you would like more info. www.comic-con.org

It would be really great if someone could do this for me, I just hope someone sees this in time. I really appreciate it!!!

Kim

State

I live just south of you in Tacoma and am *very* frustrated the con is in San Diego. :D

I really hate to tell you this, but so far as i can tell there is a one autograph rule or something. but i will try my best to get as many as i possibly can. in fact i'm even trying to bribe some of my family members to come with so i can get more.:

You're sooooo lucky that you get to go and see the gorgous MS!

Maybe I'm missing something here, but...

Since everyone seems to know that MS doesn't do appearances very often, why haven't people who want autographs written to the fan-mail addresses given for the show and just asked for photos and autographs that way?

According to the MGM official website at http://www.stargate-sg1.com/home/faq/index.html#7, there is an address given there to write to *any* cast or crew member for the show.

I'm quite concerned that MS is just going to be mobbed at the Comic Con... almost to the point where I'm considering avoiding his appearance even though I'll be at the Con.
-- Adele

I'm sure a lot of his fans do just that, as do alot of other fans. It's one thing to get a pic in the mail, that may or may not be personally autographed by that person, especially if they get a lot of requests for pics, it's quite another to actually meet that person face to face. i'm sure whoever shows up there will be polite especially since his true fans will know what a rare event this is for him ;)

I've gotten auto pics by mail of some of my favorite singers, but I've also gotten personal autographs after concerts, and I can tell you there is something excedingly cool about meeting them face to face:)

Kat:cool:

anyone who has seen me announce i have an auto photo i would just like a pics from someone who is in line there of him with there camera not to much to ask :)

so that is my plea anyone that can help contact me and we can wheel and deal

sue

sbeat2000@aol.com