Complex?

Yes have to agree... DS9 had alot of differetn story lines that were often left and picked up several episodes on... I did love the way they had arc storys...

Yeah, I'll agree. With all the Bajoran/Cardassian politics stuff i think it was. Of course throwing in the occasional alternate universe ep probably hepled. Pity we never got to see whta happened with all those *interesting* people!!

:star:

yer i did like the alternate Majoy Kira.... what a women.,...LOL

yeah the alternate universe was cool.. I bet they wished they'd thought to do an alternate TNG as well... wouldn't work v well with Voyager though would it....

would not work really.... if it did happen would they be back on earth ???

ooo and we would have no Neelix.... or would we.. ooo i hope not...

heehee, Neo, we all know how much you hate Neelix!

Anyway, yes, I think DS9 was pretty complex, and, as Neo mentioned, it had those great story arcs!

It was great for regular viewers, because there was such scope & consistency, and you really got to know the characters.

I've mentioned before, in Neo's "UPN Makes a Boo-Boo" thread, that DS9 always seems to get a raw deal, out of all the ST series. It had great writing and great characters, but always seems to be overlooked. I think the complexity had one unfortunate consequence------because the various episodes were so tied in to each other (i.e. not "stand-alone" episodes like TOS, TNG, and even to a certain extent, VOY) a lot of viewers could not fully appreciate the story arcs if they missed any episodes. It did not seem to attract many "casual viewers".

But for us fans, well, we just think it was great, dont we!!!!

little star :star:

yer i agree... ds9 did get a hard time for ages.... but now i think it is a classic programme....

Originally posted by markpud
i think it got better after Sisko went bald... coincidence or tougher attitude??

Got to say i agree... he just seemed to change... became tough and had an air of confidence around him which he never had before

i think the entrance of Worf helped a lot, hes a great char and he brings a lot to the screen...

Well i for one am glad Worf came along to DS9.... he brought some excitement to the programme,.... Always liked Worf though

Deep Space 9 is my absolute favourite of all the ST series. You really get to see the charcters and their background. At least it's not meet alien, friend or foe?, move on, meet alien, friend or foe? move on, meet alien...etc.
I do like the alt universe stories but i think my favourites are the genetic enhancement arc about bashir's secret.
And when quark fell for the ferengi who was a female disguised as a male. That was really funny. Reminded me a bit of a Blackadder episode in the second series wher edmund (Rowan Atkinson - Mr Bean) falls for a page who turns out to be a woman but then runs off with Flash (Rik mayall). anyway i'm rambling so i gtg. bye
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Originally posted by dmalfoy

And when quark fell for the ferengi who was a female disguised as a male. That was really funny. Reminded me a bit of a Blackadder episode in the second series wher edmund (Rowan Atkinson - Mr Bean) falls for a page who turns out to be a woman but then runs off with Flash (Rik mayall). anyway i'm rambling so i gtg. bye
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I remember that... love the blackadder series.... soooo funny

MMMMM well the last one i saw on tv was a time travel one ?? so that is sci-fi... ???

Anyway back to Ds9...

Do u thing that DS9 had too many alien cultures on to be able to create a story line that was beliveable....

I mean at least Voyager and tng they had a different alien each episode but on DS9 do you think there were too many.....