Hercules!

ewlyn

Proud Ringer & HCNB
Have to admit I always wished that RenPic had put more energy into truely combining the Herc & Xena worlds. We had character crossover, and some story crossover... but there are so many inconsistant things.

This is my attempt at starting a thread and not just going "drool". ;)

I agree. I wondered why the shows didn't cross that much. I mean you had this big Dahok thing going on in Xena and nothing at all in Herc about it until the end of the second to last season of Herc. I would have thought that there would have been something more going on since it affected everyone so much.

I think it would have been hilarious too to see some Iolaus/Joxer moments. I can just picture Joxer following Iolaus around trying to emulate him and Iolaus getting all worked up over having Joxer start singing his theme song. :D

Cheers,

LOL!

That would have been too funny. Only Joxer, being Joxer, would probably have seen Iolaus as his new sidekick and hence would have changed his song to something like:

"With Iolaus as his sidekick
Boy does he know how to kick!"

Since we all know how horrid that theme song is! LOL

I still find myself whistling it sometimes!

I am surprised that the whole Dahak thing never came up... it's kind of like they resolved it on Xena with the death of Hope and "The Destroyer" and just sorta forgot about it until they decided it might work on Herc... and I was always surprised that we never heard about Iolaus' death on Xena, or Xena & Gab's death on Herc...

Did you ever see the season 1 Xena ep "Promtheus"? Which both Herc & Iolaus were in... where Iolaus almost dies? They spent so much time setting them all up as soul mates... and then kinda trashed the idea two episodes later. Such a pity.

Yeah here we have that whole thing ... Iolaus is dying and Gabby is holding him and telling him that story and we get all mushy. Then it's like it all just kind of never took place. Like Iolaus having a family. :D

Sometimes I wonder what TPTB are/were thinking. Like in the one Xena ep where everyone thinks Xena is dead, Iolaus meets her and they talk a bit, and then he leaves. What about when Herc found out that Xena was dead? I would have thought he would have come running to avenge her death or something. To me that episode and the way they handled the relationships between the four was really unsatisfactory.

Cheers,

I agree. And I was always also really unhappy about how Xena and Gabrielle just never seemed to learn about Iolaus' death... especially Gabrielle. She would have mourned - she saw him, at least, as a good friend.

And this is especially odd when they decided to write Herc into the Xena ep where she gives birth to Eve... he hears she's pregnant but he never hears that she's died?!

So many mistakes.

So many inconsistencies weren't there? I remember this being one of the things everyone gripped about on the old Iolausian list. It's like they (TPTB) never could see both shows as being in the same timeline where things would just naturally cross over.

Cheers,

I think the bigger problem is that each show more or less had a completely different writting staff... with the exception of Rob who was probably so busy that he forgot to pay attention. *g*

It more just feels, to me, like no one bothered to watch the show they didn't write for... or very few of them.

You're probably right which is a shame. I think they missed out on a lot if that is what happened.

Cheers,