Picard to Die?

I wouldn't mind Picard settling down, that would be cool...

Carkedit :dead:

Definately not in a sleeping mood... i have been in work all day and my mind is going mad... so need to think of other things... not a good day at work today...

But back to trek..... I too hope they just settle him down.. or he leaves because of love.. that would be nice

what do you mean.... the whole kirk thing

When they killed him off in the first TNG/TOS movie....everyone complained and they had to change the ending...

Wy Hey.. 400 posts... few more for my next Alien.. well 99 to go

sweet, I've amazed myself by getting 300 posts in the last 3 days...

What you mean they changed the ending.... In generations Kirk did die....

ah...but are you sure he died.....actually didn't they just change the way he died....nope, I'm sure they left it open to the fact that he could be in that vortex thing.....I'm winging it here, coz I haven't seen it for ages...kind of a Stargate nut now

Nah.. Kirk died... its in the 2001 trek directory,,, LOL

about time he left anyway,,, i loved him when he was younger.. just did not do it for me as a captain when he was older... sorry to those who like him

OK...must have been about the way he died then....I do remember people talking about how the scene had to be re-shot.....maybe thats just what happened on my planet..oh well...have to agree though...kinda got past his time

I'm still awake too.
I just got back from work.
The SUN newspaper is a most unreliable source for any information, but there could be some truth in that because the other thing that you posted tonight (Neo) says that they are going to "tie up all the loose ends of the characters".
Yes, I'm sure there will be an outcry if they kill him off, just like Shatner. But they are getting on a bit and you cannot recreate something as good as TNG was.

Nice to see someone else awake tonight.... Well i agree the sun is very unreliable... but as you say there could be some truth in it.... I get my info from

http://www.ds9command.co.uk

Its quite a good site for upto date info.....

I do know ... that Patrick Stewart is a very busy actor at the moment.... and therefore cant really commit to more trek films....

I just hope they dont kill him off

It's not necessary. Even if they made a film and he didn't want to do it, they could make up a reason.

But if you kill someone off, then bring them back because of an alternative timeline or some such thing... that's just not on.

I think Patrick Stewart has actually said he does not wish to do any more films... he thinks its a good idea to go ut while he is on top...

Hi everybody!

The 'Picard Dies in ST: X' rumor has been around for some time now. There has been a lot of talk about how a heroic death for Picard would be a fitting end to the ST: TNG movies.

I hope the writers don't decide to kill him off. That would be depressing. I would prefer that loose end to remain untied!

As I understand, Patrick Stewart is not the only TNG actor reluctant to return for another movie. Trek Today published an interview with Marina Sirtis (Deanna Troi) and the following is an excerpt:

All Sirtis knows about the next movie is that she know's it's going to happen ---and that she thinks it'll be the last. Both Stewart and fellow actor Brent Spiner (Data) are said to be reluctant to return for fifth Next Generation movie, which is actually the primary reason Sirtis thinks this one will be the last. "I don't think Patrick wants to do any more after that because he has two franchises, Star Trek and the X-Men." She herself may be reluctant to return for a Trek XI----she describes herself as "totally sci-fi'd out right now."

<<<little star :star: comments, "Well, excuse me!!>>>

From all the reports I've heard so far, they are expecting the writing for ST: X to be top-notch. John Logan is developing the story with Brent Spiner. Right now, Logan is riding high on the film Gladiator, which he co-wrote. Expectations appear to be pretty high.

I wonder how the cloning aspect is going to fit into the story.

little star :star: