Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Only when I'm drunk.

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Who's Monty Python?

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters

Deckard

Science fiction fantasy
I just read on "Pythonline" (the official site) that someone is making a movie about Graham Chapman who founded the Pythons -- the greatest comedy troupe ever! Totally cool. They have a website for their film at www.ginandtonicmovie.com. Cheers.

I'm a big fan of The Pythons so here's hoping for a good movie.

Oh, and welcome to the forums Deckard

Have fun :)

Oh Monty Python, I just don't get it.

Am I the only nerd in the known universe that doesn't think Monty Python is funny in any way shape or form? Even my dad and hubby think its funny, I watch it and I think HOW FREAKING BORING CAN YOU PEOPLE BE? I'd rather watch Ice Pirates or something that is actually funny.

Just thought I'd share that with y'all.

Re: Oh Monty Python, I just don't get it.

:eek:! HEATHEN!!

I would say, "British humour. Go figure," but I'd get beaten up. :(

Have you seen both the films and Flying Circus?

:eek:! HEATHEN!!

I would say, "British humour. Go figure," but I'd get beaten up. :(

Have you seen both the films and Flying Circus?

Yes, sadly enough. Didn't find them funny. Not even the Holy Grail one was funny to me at all. It was kind of like "huh, ok" but not LAUGH OUT LOUD material. No lulz for me there.

PS: Oddly enough, you are not the first person to accuse me of being a heathen for not liking Monty Python. Man, you guys take your dry Britts seriously.

Oh dear.
I grew up on Monty Python, loved it, I still think its funny.
When Holy Grail came out I was first at the cinema. When Life of Brian came out I was there first in line again.
Love it, love it.
I introduced my son to it, it took a little bit for him to comprehend that rabbits are actually nasty vicious bitty creatures which you soil your armor over or that its quite natural to see a luminious yellow space ship in acient roman times, but now he just quotes lines like a pro.
Yet dusty you could be right, my other half is not a Python fan, dosn't get it, nor does he like Fawlty Towers, whats wrong with him!!!!!!???????????

BRING OUT YOUR DEAD
Well I know what I will be watching today!!!

If anyone asks me to count something, I'll count, "one, two, five". Oh, the looks one gets. :D

How one cannot like the Pythons is beyond comprehension. :(

Ive counted one two five for years now lenny, I thought thats how it went.

You mean it doesn't?! Lackaday! Waily, waily!

How can you not love the Ministry of Silly Walks?:eek: And Life of Brian is one of the best films ever.

British humour, go figure:p

I think that our sense of humour might be different with each age group, like our taste in literature might be. It's been a long time since the Monty Python days and yet I still find them funny.
Unhappily I don't find the current humour very funny at all. Simpsons - definately not funny for me, nor many of the current TV or movie comedies which are showing these days. :)

'Always look on the bright side of life' - now that is a song from the movie which always has me laughing until I get sore ribs!!

Oh Dusty I think you have not only opened the powder keg but also ignited it, just out of interest what do you consider humerous?

I'm British, and I find parts of Monty Python very funny indeed - other parts too schoolboy-humorous for my taste. I admit to finding the Parrot Sketch ROFL funny, and also the 'Knights That Say "Ni!" ' scene in MP and the Holy Grail - the punch-line is priceless!

As for the Australian Philosophers' Song, it's one of the funniest things I've ever heard!

Ah well, humour just can't be explained - it either tickles you or it doesn't. I'm always amazed to learn that someone doesn't find Terry Pratchett the funniest and wittiest writer in this or any other universe - but - chacun à son goût, isn't it!

Lenny, Rane I think I understand what Dusty has done. She wants to start and arguement!!!!

I think that our sense of humour might be different with each age group, like our taste in literature might be. It's been a long time since the Monty Python days and yet I still find them funny.
Unhappily I don't find the current humour very funny at all. Simpsons - definately not funny for me, nor many of the current TV or movie comedies which are showing these days. :)

Yeah, but I'm in the same age group -- born in the 70's, so shouldn't this be funny to me?

Oh Dusty I think you have not only opened the powder keg but also ignited it, just out of interest what do you consider humerous?

Aqua Teen Hungerforce, Metalocolypse, The Amazing Johnathan, Cyanide and Happiness, Eddie Murphy Raw, and my homosexual chihuahua, as sad as that sounds.

Lenny, Rane I think I understand what Dusty has done. She wants to start and arguement!!!!

A five minute one, or the full half hour?

---

Cyanide and Happiness can be brilliant at times.

Cappucino?! I ordered a latte! *smack* No, I'm just kidding. I did actually order a cappucino. Now go get me one!