Your Top 5 Movies

Mishkaz

Gatefink
I'm wondering what everyones top 5 movies are. Do we all like the same things? I mean you all like Stargate so you obviously have good taste, do our tastes run the same for other things?

'spose I'd better get the ball rolling:

1. Bladerunner
2. Terminator 2
3. Aliens
4. The Breakfast Club (see, I don't just watch sci-fi)
5. Hmmmm, I'll have to think about #5, I've narrowed it down to three. Guess I should have prepared my list before starting this thread.

Who's next please?

ok
1. The Green Mile
2. The Rock
3. The Matrix
4. The Gladiator
5. Star wars Trilogy

Good Enough? :)

Hey, note the Australian content of Corzafa's top five.

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie!!! :D

Um, undoubtedly I'll be hitting myself on the head later for forgetting some crucial favourite, but here goes....

1. The Rock
2. Devil's Advocate
3. The Matrix
4. The James Bond series as a whole.... my favourite probably being Tomorrow Never Dies (I love Pierce Brosnan!)
5. Usual Suspects

ok, I'm sure I'm forgetting lots of great movies that should be up there.... but that's the best I can manage!

jdf

Im glad someone mentioned the bond films or i would of had to make changes to my list. One of the movies i was sure to of popped up would have been stargate the movie. :)

in no particular order

bond movies (from Dr No to T.W.I.N.E.)
the matrix
final destination
gladiator
SG movie

it's kind of hard to pick just from my head, i really need to be in a vid. shop (i would like to say 'The Rock' and 'Con Air' but only because my mind has been stimulated by you guys posting them)

hmmm.....do I see a pattern forming?

better not count my wormholes before they're open, need more data

Please be advised that all information obtained in this survey will be passed on to database agencies who will then ring you up while you're on the toilette and try to sell you Hellmans Mayonnaise, paved driveways and religion.
Thankyou for your participation. Your free pen will be with you in a few days (a few days from the next millenium), subject to availablilty. Have a nice day:)

shawshank redemption
classic star wars
top gun
sound of music
the paper

and white christmas once a year

The Matrix
American Beauty
Gladiator
The Shawshank Redemption
The Great Escape

probably not my favourite 5 but my favourite 5 of the top of my head.

aaah, Shawshank redemption, a fine film, I'd forgotten about that one. Good choice.

Sky, I've not heard of "the paper", tell me more please

cheers

it's a fantastic movie. it's a ron howard film starring michael keaton, marisa tomai, randy quaid, robert duval, and a famous blond actress whose name escapes me.
anyway it's 24 hours in the lives of the folk at the new york post...action, drama, angst.
all in all it's really good and was totally overlooked, like shawshank was overlooked, i think jurassic park got so much press that year it just slipped by the way side.
but if you're in the mood for 2 hrs of good entertainment...the paper is a goody.

no real sfx or explosions though...:D

i should add shindler's list to my list...not somehting i'd watch every day or anything, but very good. incredibly intense though. the fact that spielberg won't let his children watch it should tell you something.

oh agreeing with you on shindler's list..

glad you all like shawshank redemption a brilliant film.

What is everyone's favourite comedy film?

My favs at the moment in no particular order...

The Matrix
12:01
Galaxy Quest
Men In Black
Independance Day

A definite SF theme there..

Originally posted by padders

probably not my favourite 5 but my favourite 5 of the top of my head.

yeah, that's what i was trying to say but couldn't :)

Independance DAy is damn good too!
what abotu 'the hurricane' ?

No particular order except No. 1:

1. Bladerunner
2. The Matrix
3. Star Wars (1)
4. City of Angels

You know, I'm probably going to be blasted for this one, but I've seen DOGMA more than once. There's just so much to it. And it's a scream (but you really have to have a good sense of humor to enjoy it).

hehe, tisk tisk, such a *bad* movie is dogma...

has anyone seen 'halfbaked' ??? :)

this is a hard one, because there's a few
films i'm still waiting to see, like "the mummy"
"gladiator" and "american beauty" but here goes
1= sg movie
2= men in black
3= independance day
4= as good as it gets
5= notting hill
they are not in any particular order..peachy

peachy.. they are good choices. I loved MIB it was so so funny if a little short. Notting Hill is another great film if slightly unbelievable :)... Independance day i like despite the "upload your virus to the mothership...." hehe.. but havn't seen as good as it gets.

American beauty is a brilliant film if you watch it in the right way.. quite a lot of a message in it and gladiator is pretty cool as well.

Back