(Probably Found) Help finding a book

Decessus

I need help finding the name and author of a book I read when I was in 2nd grade. I don't remember much about it, but hopefully if I give out a few details it will help and someone can tell me. I remember that the books were a trilogy. The first book started out when the main character was a child in a village. Something happened and his island or village was attacked by a bigger kingdom from the seas or something like that. Well, this boy did something and he created a fog bank using magic around his island so that they either couldn't find the island or they just gave up, I don't remember. After he casted the spell something happened and he was injured fairly badly. While he was recovering an old man came and took him away to train him in the use of magic. The boy ended up going to some kind of school I think and while he was there he casted some kind of magic and he summoned some kind of demon I think. That's all I remember from the first book. The second book I think started out in some kind of maze. I'm pretty sure it took place several years after the ending of the first one because the main character was older. Anyway, he was in this maze with this girl. I don't remember why they were there though. The third book was about the main characters fight with the demon that he had summoned in the first one. It hunted him no matter where he went and I think it almost killed him a few times. I know there are a lot of I thinks and I don't remembers but it was almost 15 years ago that I read these books. If anyone could help me out, I would appreciate it.I need help finding the name and author of a book I read when I was in 2nd grade. I don't remember much about it, but hopefully if I give out a few details it will help and someone can tell me. I remember that the books were a trilogy. The first book started out when the main character was a child in a village. Something happened and his island or village was attacked by a bigger kingdom from the seas or something like that. Well, this boy did something and he created a fog bank using magic around his island so that they either couldn't find the island or they just gave up, I don't remember. After he casted the spell something happened and he was injured fairly badly. While he was recovering an old man came and took him away to train him in the use of magic. The boy ended up going to some kind of school I think and while he was there he casted some kind of magic and he summoned some kind of demon I think. That's all I remember from the first book. The second book I think started out in some kind of maze. I'm pretty sure it took place several years after the ending of the first one because the main character was older. Anyway, he was in this maze with this girl. I don't remember why they were there though. The third book was about the main characters fight with the demon that he had summoned in the first one. It hunted him no matter where he went and I think it almost killed him a few times. I know there are a lot of I thinks and I don't remembers but it was almost 15 years ago that I read these books. If anyone could help me out, I would appreciate it.