Artwork (Terry Pratchett)

Cap'tCrash

What do you think of Josh Kirby's artwork? Some of the pictures match my 'veiw' esp Death/Rinceweed/Luggage/monke...Librarian.
Have you seen those wonderful models. I would kill(okay slightly bruise)for Death on Binky.

Oh, I love the models, got a copy of the leaflet!
Vimes dun't look like he should, but the others do. I love Nanny's cat... hehe! I want them!
I thionk they did a good job, now if I had the money....

Josh Kirby's stuff is OK, but (IF I've got the right man) wasn't he the one who portrayed Twoflower as having four eyes instead of just glasses? I really like the man (Think its Paul Kidby), who illustrates the 'Pratchett Portfolio' a great collection of Discworld artwork, concering the specific main characters, Rincewid, Death, City Watch etc.
I know where the models are sold, but haven't got any. You're pretty ambtious Cap'tCrash, I've heard Death on Binky's rare, and expensive. (great one to have though)

Nanny Ogg's Cookbook is illustrated by Kidby, and I think that it's an inspired writer/illustrator match, every bit as wonderful as Robert Asprin and Phil Foglio are. I've got the first Myth Adventure novel, and it was illustrated by Freas. Now, I think that Freas is a WONDERFUL sf/fantasy illustrator, and he did a good job...but Foglio is better for Asprin. In the same vein, I think that Kidby just captures the essence of Pratchett's characters and Discworld in general.

Lynn