Outer Limits

MythingLink

First Prime of ASciFi
For padders:

Outer Limits to revisit our inner circle

A mere few months ago, the cable network Showtime, after shooting here for six years, pulled the plug on its sci-fi anthology series The Outer Limits. It organized a huge, public sell off of the show's props, wardrobe and memorabilia at Bridge Studios.

Now, after months of rumours, comes word that the show is coming back. Apparently, the Sci Fi Channel and MGM Television Entertainment have signed an agreement to produce a 22-episode seventh season of the show.

The seventh season, produced by Alliance Atlantis and Trilogy Entertainment Group, starts shooting here at the end of November, and will air beginning early next year on the Sci Fi Channel. Wonder if they'll buy any of those garage sale goodies back?

byline: Lynne McNamara Vancouver Sun

Cheers,

Thanks, MythingLink,

I was a fan of the original "Outer Limits" when it first came out. Was the stuff sold from this series or the original?

When you say 'original' I assume you mean the series from the late 50's. I loved those episodes,I used to stay up all night when station TBS would run their Outer Limits festivals. Episodes would start about 9pm CST and run until 5am in the morning. I loved recognizing actors from other shows and movies.

Gee. I saw it when it first came out in black and white!

I am a big fan of Golden Age SF (1939 to 1948). The thing I like so much about Outer Limits was it seems to capture the flavor of the Golden Era even though it was produced just after that period.

btw the defination of Golden Age is not my own but rather Dr. Asimov's.

You said that magic word ... Asimov. The wonders and joys of that man will never cease to amaze me.

Cheers,

He and Ursula K. LeGuin were the first two science fiction writers I ever read. I love them still. They are classy and classic!

I enjoyed buying v.h.s. tapes of the outer limits. they were like mini movies.