padders

-----------------------------
Creating topic, remember you
can only discuss this episode
inside this topic. Reviews of
the episode are encouraged
-----------------------------

Sean3w

Drove me nuts that Sam didn't tell her dad about the Stargate program. I know she can't but still. Bugged me to death. I give it a 7 out of 10.
----------
Come visit http://www.sg2070.com

MythingLink

Commendable on her part. I felt it was Jacob who was being out of line through out and I think it was a perfect lead in to Seth and his feelings about his son and what happened to their family after the death of Sam's mother.
I do hope they will resolve the 'leak' issue sometime.

A major nit:

Jack is seen outside twice without his cover.

Cheers,

----------
MythingLink
The Woolfden: http://www.woolfden.net

MythingLink

Outside, outside. Whenever in uniform and you are outside and not under some sort of cover, you have to wear your hat, otherwise you are out of uniform.
Cheers,

----------
MythingLink

SGPflughaupt

Such a basic error from a military protacol point of view...one of the first things I was taught as a cadet.
I thought I read that the show had USAF advisors to make sure they were as autentic in their portrayal of Military stuff. I guess I know what got cut out of the budget for more SFX. :)

MythingLink

Yes the show is supposed to have the Air Force's seal of approval which is really a pretty good indicator of the authenticity of a show. I know that they have someone reading the scripts, but they might not have someone actually watching the finished product. But there is also Don Davis who is ex-military so those scenes must have been taped without him seeing them or I'm sure he would have noticed it.
Cheers,

----------
MythingLink

A cool episode, i liked it how they split up , Sam and Jack, Teal'C and Daniel, that was cool.....

I liked the return of Heru'ru too, dammit Jacks pretty accurate with a knife isn;t he?

Real acurate, I'd say. Guy must have a target set up in his back yard and he sits on the balcony throwing steak knives at it. ;)

Cheers,

Hehe, yeah and just to get the sharp end to hit Heru'ru, that is pretty good :)

The reporter idea was pretty cool.

I think this episode is one of the most important in season two. It's very structurly important for alot of things that follow. It sets up and resolves so much.

No.1. It's one Abydos year to the day since Daniel left so we get to see him finally return to Abydos.
No.2. We finally get to see that Jack and Sam get some kind of reward for saving the Earth.
No.3. We see Sha're again and find out about the harsesis child.
No.4. We are introduced to Jacob, which sets up alot of the foundations for the Tok'Ra episode (especially the fact that sam couldn't tell him the truth about what she does and the fact that he as cancer.)
No.5. We see Heru're again and are given an insight into his relationship with Apophis (that thye are actually enemies).
No.6. There's that whole Reporter issue.

They managed to get so much important stuff into one hour. I liked it 10/10

It had great angst too: Danny seeing Shar'ae pregnant, knowing it was his enemy's child, getting her back only to lose her again; Sam not being able to tell her father that she'd achieved her fondest dream, having to hurt his feelings turning down NASA, then hearing about his cancer; and finally Jack having to deal with seeing the reporter killed and dealing with both the sense of responsibility and the sense of danger to the program. High marks, all around.

with all of the threads it sets up i think you could almost calll this a mythology eps to steal a phrase from x-files.
it is the basis of
tok'ra
heru'ur & apophis being enemies
harcesis child
the whole conpiracy thing...
four major plot threads that are alive & kicking 2 years later.

'Secrets' was a great episode...It had just about everything....except who was responsible for the death of the repoter...did Hammond have anything to do with it...I hope not or else I have lost all faith in him.
Will this question ever be made known...I don't think so.
Carter showed the human side of what they must give up to be part of the Stargate team and what it must be like to do something so fantastic and not to be able to say a word, not even to her cancer stricken father.
Poor Danny Jackson... he just never seems to win...he has his wife again the next she is gone again.
I give the episode a 7.5 out of 10.
seand.

Great episode, had been waiting from 'COTG' (who wasn't?) to see Daniel return to Abydos. But...the look on his face when Sha're was there. Oooh, you poor man.
And to think she was pregnant into the bargian!
I think it was a good episode because it didn't stick to one subject:
The journalist business
Sam and her father
Jacob having cancer
Sha're being pregnant
Sha're being there in the first place
The over-load of Goa'uld, three in one.
Yes, there was a human side shown between Sam and her father, especially when she still didn't tell him, there and then about SGC. However, I was watching it for the bits on Abydos, and I liked the scene between Daniel and Heruer, and also Daniel's reaction to Sha're, her pregnancy, and at the end when he just *stares* at her, nothing more. Why, oh why did I want to cry at the end of that?

I've decided not to have this one gnawing at me until I find out the actual answer, I am supposing, some way in series 3.

Am I correct in thinking that only Teal'c and Daniel know of Amonet and Apophis's son at this point in time, or say by the end of series 2?

Originally posted by Sci-Fi16
I've decided not to have this one gnawing at me until I find out the actual answer, I am supposing, some way in series 3.

Am I correct in thinking that only Teal'c and Daniel know of Amonet and Apophis's son at this point in time, or say by the end of series 2?

Wouldn't the fact that Apophis has a chance of surviving far longer then the Tau'ri would of liked be at all significant? And if so shouldn't the SGC be informed?

It might be personal, but here it seems to be also important.

Just checkin'.

Only Teal'c and Daniel know of the child? Nah, they'd tell Sam and Jack and Hammond as soon as they got back to the Base. Heru'ur apparently already knew.

Minor spoiler, you'll hear more about the child in Season 3.

Honestly, I don't understand your second question at all, sorry.

This episode ROCKED!!!, gotta be on of my favourite episodes, everything single minute is just great :D and the return of Heru'ru was great too, the whole episode was very x-filey which also rocked :D

Back