archiver

padders

-----------------------------
Creating topic, remember you
can only discuss this episode
inside this topic. Reviews of
the episode are encouraged
-----------------------------

A damn good episode although some bits were a little bit unbelievable.
Is Sokar dead?

Well we only got to see the one 'beam' leave the ship, but it doesn't mean that there weren't more. We didn't actually get to see Apophis and Klorel leave the ships when they exploded in the Second Season opener. Anythings possible with this show.

Cheers,

We only saw one beam, and we know that was Apophis. Surely the great Sokar can't be dead can he?

very good !!

this episode was very good 'cos apophis is back now -- get ready for action !!

death is such a temporary state on stargate. even after you see their cold dead bodies(apophis) they still show up and surprise you. off the top of my head i'm thinking of at least three goa'uld who are considered dead who could pop up again.

Protecting Sam

Just re-watched this in U.S. syndication last weekend and had these thoughts. . .

I really liked the team dynamic that surfaced right after Sam experienced the memory of the torture by pain stick of Jolinar. It illustrated the different ways Daniel and Jack deal with things when they affect a teammate.

O'Neill leaped into the role of protector of his team (out of a dead sleep, no less) by telling Martouf to shut off Sam's memory device. Then they had that quiet conversation in the other room where Jack told him to take it easy with Sam. Jack then proceeded to lay down the law of how things were going to play out on the mission. I love it when O'Neill takes charge!

Daniel fell into his role of communicator and comforter by talking with Sam. Making sure she was going to be all right, and just being there for her in a tough time (Dad in hell/Netu, and the recent vivid memories of Jolinar's torture).

Some really nice moments from our favorite team.

Renee. . .

Not to b obssessive, but I noticed that Martouf touches Sam's thigh! Here's hoping...
smlove2.gif

Surprises of the week

Sokar must be the coolest Goa'uld we've seen so far! He really is creepy. I must say, Na'onak killing Bynar really was a surprising twist that I didn't expect (I'm glad he was killed though, he really was disgusting. Not just the pus coming out of his eye socket, but the flashback of him slobbering over Jolinahr was just plain disturbing!
However, the biggest twist was the return of Apophis. His return was a brilliant way to leave the cliffhanger. Everything the makers of this episode did to lead up to this was brilliant, they even had a different actor playing Na'onak all the way through the episode. They even put extra boom into Apophis' voice when he says his name at the end, this really was dramatic.

Originally posted by skydiver
death is such a temporary state on stargate. even after you see their cold dead bodies(apophis) they still show up and surprise you. off the top of my head i'm thinking of at least three goa'uld who are considered dead who could pop up again.

:laugh2: :lol: :laugh2: :lol: I love this statement! So true, Skoon shakes her head in dispare, so true... & I totally agree with Arcane, about the different ways Danny & Jack react. Love that Jack! I thought that one of the most shippy moments (though obviously it's not REALLY a shippy moment since Jack would look out for all members of his team) the part where Jack jumps up & tells Marty to turn it off...Skoon off to dream land again...