New PC

Rane Longfox

Red Rane
Well, on Tuesday I'm getting my new computer, finally, and it's gonna be FRIGGIN AWESOME! I've already got Rome:Total War, FarCry, Warcraft3 and Freelancer from my previous PC, but are there any other games you would recommend me as a must buy?

Er, that would be Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind or Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion ;)

There are some amazing games on the brink of coming out over the next few months (Crysis, BF: 2142, Enemy Territory: Quake Wars, Spore, Warhammer: Mark of Chaos (RTS, you should like it)... the first three will like a tasty computer to eat, while the second two would probably get by on a mid-level no troubles). I've no real ETAs for them, other than Q3/4. Let's all hope they won't be later than that...

I've not seen anything really impressive for a while, though Oblivion is the caviar of RPGs, as WS says, if you like that sort of thing. Prey is supposed to be pretty good if you're into FPS. I didn't fancy it, though.

Go on then, Cal, post the specs :)

Hehe, well, as I'm getting a friend to build it for me, I can't be completely certain, but heres a list of what it's made of:

MSI K9N NEO-F nF550 Socket AM2 PCI-E 16x / DUAL CH DDR2 / 8CH AUDIO / 4x SATA(II) RAID / Gb LAN / Silent ATX MOTHERBOARD
AMD Athlon 64 3500+ Retail AM2 2.0GHz, 1000MHz FSB, 512KB, 64 Bit Socket AM2
Corsair 1GB XMS2-5400 DDR2 SDRAM Xtreme Performance CM2X1024-5400C4 (x2)
Albatron GeForce 7900GT 256MB PCI-E 256bit DDR3, TV-OUT, Dual DVI
200GB Seagate Barracuda9 SATA2 8MB 7200 3GB/s NCQ ST3200827AS
Enermax Liberty 500W Modular PSU

If you know what that gives it, please do tell me...

Tempted to get Elder Scrolls IV, it looks very good. I'm not a particular fan of Warhammer though. Apart from FarCry, I don't really go for FPSs either.

it gives you a fast computer with lots of RAM (memory) Im so jealous, with my AMD 1200 mhz and 256 Ram running windows 98 (inbuilt graphics and 32kbps internet

get some good games!!!!!

Aye, it's damn good, thats all I need to know:cool:

I could have gone for a dual-core processor, but that added an extra £130 to the price, so I decided against it in the end. It's already almost £800 total.

If you like strategy world-building games, Civilization IV is the best of its type I've ever played. For a pure hack-and-slash Diablo II clone, Titan's Quest just came out recently and is a good way to spend a weekend, but not a long-term genre-changing game.

World of Warcraft could eat your life.

The expansion pack Rome: Total War - Alexander is out or coming soon. You can download it from their website for £8.50. It's supposed to be hard.

Every Total War game is now for sale in one pack for £30. That includes all the expansion packs too. Pretty impressive.

I'd recomend Galactic civalisation 2 - then watch your freetime disopear, then the other time thats not so free

unlucky!!!!

hows the game hound going

i would recomend empire earth, or call of duty 2, or even unreal tournament

Unreal Tournament is a blast. You might get the most bang for your buck there. You can jump on and kill for awhile against the computer, jump online and play against some others, join in a lan party etc. Very easy to jump in and out of if time is a consideration.

that's one heck of a pc you get there, especially the graphics card made me dazzle a bit. It just begs for Oblivion!

i also recommend RTW with the "barbarian invasion" expansion. now there is also a medieval total war out not too long ago, if only my graphics card was a bit stronger... but hey, i'm working with a laptop here, and I'm glad I can play Oblivion ( with a lot of fixes and patches and a mod called "oldblivion") but still the game is a pleasure for the eye

@cornelius - Barbarian Invasion meh, but I'm quite tempted by the Alexander expansion...

Of all the total war games I think Medieval is the best - I enjoy rome but Medieval is the one i keep coming back to.its not overcomplicated but still involving, Can't wait untill medieval 2 comes out. If your computer is is good as you say it is this will look great on it.

Back