Is there a list of bestsellers?

scalem X

I am, the scallywag
This is not something that needs to be found in a hurry, but if you happen to have a cool list like this, or found one on a site somewhere, please share.

I was wondering how many copies of their books certain writers have sold.
What I'm searching for is something like:
1 Bible XXXXXXX copies sold author: various weirdo's:p
2 .... XXXXXXX copies sold author:......................
3 ....

(preferably at least 100 novels)
Or maybe the same list, then using the cumulative amount of copies for each author. (at least 50 authors)

And while you helpful people are searching for it anyway. How about some lists for fiction and non fiction seperate.:)

If you're taking in something with as much history as the Bible ... you aren't asking for much, are you? Sheesh! This could take quite some time. (Then again, considering the 'net, someone may have already compiled it long since.....)

if you have a list of fantasy and scifi or anything related, don't hold back the info.:p Yet one must say that in many ways it might be cool and maybe useful information.

I'm not sure how accurate this is, but I found a list online of the top ten best selling books of all time. Looks like 1966 was the last time anything major made it on the list. I wonder if Harry Potter or "The Da Vinci Code" are close to being on it. Most of these books I've never even heard of.

http://www.askmen.com/toys/top_10_60/62_top_10_list.html

Mmm I don't think they included fantasy in that one, Lotr is believed (internet sources) to have sold over 100 million copies. That would set it in third place.
The first two seem accurate though. Thanks for your time.

Harry Potter is supposed to have sold over 250 million copies, but while I've often seen sales figures for individual novels, I've never seen a list of bestsellers.

Hmm, so that link must not be very accurate then. Because a lot of books I expected to see on it weren't on it. Maybe "the list" doesn't exist.