Gridlinker

I have never read a Neal Asher story.

But I do recall that a little earlier than this time last year - when I realised that my "Chronicles of Empire" was probably not suitable for a first author submission - I contacted a number of published sf/f authors by e-mail and postal delivery, asking advice on getting published.

Neal Asher was one of those few who bothered to make a reply. And for that, I am very thankful.

With that due, warm greetings - to Neal Asher - welcome to the chronicles-network. :)

Hopefully, I have learned far far more and am at a much more professional state of mind for sending out my current work after Christmas. I am now fully confident that - with necessary patience - that I will get my first tpublishing contract in 2004. :)

If you'd like to read how Neal got into publishing, here's his own article on the subject:

http://freespace.virgin.net/n.asher/getting_there.htm

To finish off that article add the last paragraph from here: http://freespace.virgin.net/n.asher/biography.htm

Come on, Brian! Stop procrastinating. We want to see you getting your stories into print and then you can give yourself your own forum again!

I remember liking the little I read of your work. It was overwritten at the time, but your ideas were good. You really should start pushing again, you know. :)

Neal, I'll be honest - The Skinner is still in my 'to read' pile, but it is nearing the surface now. I look forward to being able to join in with the discussions of your work here soon. Great to see you with your own forum. :)

Thanks for this Brian -- did you get that contract?

Mark, no problem. Yours is in the same pile. I went through some crap lately so wasn't reading much and I'd also got books from publishers that I'd promised to read. Still not reading a lot, since I appear to be going through one of those periods where fiction doesn't hold a lot of interest for me. However, that being said I have stuck my nose into Imperial Spy and I do like the way it starts. People lobbing knives at each other seems a bloody good way to start a book to me!

Back