"Quotations" Game

*EDIT* Looks like the Professor with the lightning quick fingers has beaten me to the punch of a free offer.... :rolleyes:

*Original Post*

YEP just make it whoever posts a new quote next...

Anyone care to have a go?? :D

What happen when we post in the same time.
Leto said:
Ok, then...
"Ah, the sun's too bright The chain's too tight. The beauty won't go to sleep..."
Two words changed.

In this case it doesn't matter Leto, it's Your Quote that requires someone to provide an answer for...

Ciaoo for now... :cool:

Isn't that I am Your man by Leonard Cohen?
Yeah the moon's too bright
And the chain's too tight
And the beast won't go to sleep

I worked conscientiously through all the twenty-six letters, and the only illness I could conclude I had not got was puerperal fever.

5 words modified - forget your Google!:p

HMMM.. sounds a lot like Three Men In A Boat by Jerome K. Jerome

OK, *goes down to basement to hunt around piles of dusty books* AHA! let's see now think I may have located the exact quote, am I getting warm?? :D :D :D

I plodded conscientiously through the twenty-six letters, and the only malady I could conclude I had not got was housemaid's knee.

Aha, Three Men In A Boat (Victim of 107 fatal maladies) by Jerome K. Jerome it is. Love his humour.:)

Good to hear!! :D :D

I'm going out for approx 1 hr back after this to post a quote, so paitence friends... :rolleyes:

Which current fantasy series is this taken from:

"This Slayer is relatively young but his evil is ancient."

Slightly altered for those Google users out there.... :D

Bonus Point: If you can tell me the Book title... :cool:

*EDIT* Back in .5 hrs to check up on your answers.... :D :D

Nope but as a clue it is one of the major fantasy series talked about on this forum.... :D

I'm gonna say the Wheel of Time, but I have no idea which book.

Okay, here's one from a movie.

This one is probably pretty famous and familiar to you out there, but hey, I like it. I'll change things up to make it a little harder.

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Warships on fire off the shoulder of Alpha Centauri. I watched blasters ... glitter in the dark near Micklegate. All those ... moments will be lost ... in time, like tears ... in rain. Time ... to die."

Four words changed.

Mainly proper nouns and other things that would set this apart in searches, so it's pretty much the same idea. Like I said, fairly famous, from one of my favorite all time Sci-fi flicks, because unlike so much new sci-fi, it still falls in the tradition of being about something besides flashy technology or super space wars.

You're right NSMike but it's better if you wait first for the person to acknowledge if the answer is correct BREFORE posting a new Quote fair enough? :D

BTW that sounds a lot like Blade Runner, one of my fav sci fi movies... :D

I will await your confirmation... :cool:

Empire Strikes Back - Han to Chewie after Leia kisses Luke ;)

"I loved it when you microwaved Las Vegas. Suitably happy ending to the place, don't you think?"

2 words altered

Oh, I didn't know that was one of the rules. My mistake.

It is Blade Runner.

And the answer to the current quote, one of my favorite classic movies is Wargames, said by Stephen Falken.

BTW, any of you older computer gamers out there, if you have the sequel to Wolfenstien 3D, Spear of Destiny, (I'm talking the originals, not the new Return to Castle Wolfenstein crap), you'll remember the password feature to prevent pirating. If you put "Joshua" into the password box, it'll let you through with "Greetings Professor Falken, would you like to play a game?"
Neat little very OLD easter egg.

"How about a nice game of chess?"
"Maybe later. For now, lets play Global Thermonuclear War" :)

You are, of course, correct NSMike. Your go.