Book Hauls!

Re: Recent Buys

Three Michael Jecks novels, the first three of his Knights Templar Mysteries:

1. The Last Templar
2. The Merchant's Partner
3. A Moorland Hanging

And ordered Ian Cameron Esslemont's Night of Knives which is due to arrive very soon.

And ordered Ian Cameron Esslemont's Night of Knives which is due to arrive very soon

Hmmm...I think I should have received mine by now! I better check up on this:confused:

I read very fast too, though I never actually calculated how fast. I tore through TDTCB. When a book drags for me, I have actually learned how to put it down and move on. I don't have the luxury of time to waste any longer.

You must have a very tan back! ;)

My biggest problem is what to buy next :confused: I have a few books I want, but have to keep to a month budget. So only able to order a few at time, and it's always the big question with me. What do I want to read next? :)

I just picked up a few books from a second hand bookstore:

Altered Carbon, Richard Morgan
The Derrida Reader
Eon, Greg Bear
A Wizard of Earthsea (I haven't been much for fantasy in years, but it's LeGuin and I have seen many favorable posts in the forums here :) )

Continuing the tradition of not having many SF/F books in English here, but when they do they are of quality I got these 3 today at a local store:

Fury by Salman Rushdie

The Door's of His Face, the Lamps of His Mouth by Roger Zelazny

The Unconsoled by Kazuo Ishiguro

Dont make any suggestions, I'll be doomed :) It's bad enough when I see recommendations, or other books that people buy and wondered what they would be like :eek: I really have to get a life:p

I seem to have mislaid the old thread on books we've just bought (as opposed to books we're reading) so here's a new one. If someone locates the old one, I'll combine the threads.

SO, here's my latest haul:

Samuel R Delany - Nova
James Blish - The Star Dwellers
AE van Vogt - The Silkie
Stephen King - Danse Macabre (a personal survey of the modern horror genre, highly reco'd by pal ravenus).

Oh, I know. I loved the part where he said that if Harlan Ellison didn't exist, it would have been necessary to invent him. I don't think I've ever read anything with more truth in it than that.:D

No problem now that Brian's confirmed your house is soon to become a Hostel for all AustralAsia members.... :D

Just check out his post on the Guess Who's country I'm in Now thread or whatever it was from Yesterday... :eek:

Not all AustalAsia members, all members even from Europe, Americas or Africa.