DISCUSSION THREAD -- 300 Word Writing Challenge #51 (October 2023)

@Victoria Silverwolf .... Woodsong .... This enchanting little terror of a story sweet talks you and then smacks you in the face.

@emrosenagel .... Bones in the Mangrove, Soul in the Orchid .... This story sweeps us into the dark beauty of the everglades with wistful tone.

@Luiglin .... Memory .... This story is a story of love and love lost and Bam! it gets you.

Oops. Nearrly forgot. Convention prep and attendance on top of book publication prep got in the way. Sorted now.

Atmospheric photo. Difficult to work from, but turned out to be it's own key in the end.

@BigJ .... The Watcher in the Dark .... A story that reminds us that the itchy feeling we have of being watched is right and worse than we think.

Well, I'm in. I really enjoyed writing that one. Took some time, but thoroughly enjoyed it.
Enjoyed reading it. Didn't see the pay off coming either.

To be honest there are some extremely good entries and I could really do with more than three votes (don't I always?)

For my part... nothing brewing

@Rafellin ..... That Smile from the Shadows .... This is a story where the the questions being asked are not the ones you expect.

@johnnyjet .... So the Tree Rustles in the Evening .... This is a moody story of faithfulness, unfaithfulness, despair, and hope. Emotions we all know, but in a setting that makes it all the more poignant.

@mosaix .... A Dead End .... This is a real gumshoe story wrapped up in a very un-gumshoe way.

johnnyjet: The outstanding characteristic of this imaginative science fiction story is the empathy it creates for an entirely non-human protagonist.

mosaix: The hardboiled realism of this surprising tale strengthens the impact of an ending with extraordinary implications.

Guttersnipe: The unusual physical appearance of this work creates a disorienting effect that is appropriate for its shocking plot twists.

@Phyrebrat .... Non-Euclidean Siblings .... This light hearted beauty reminds me of Jeeves story where is has gone wrong in the right kind of way.

@Daysman .... human things .... A story which reminds us that the old ways and the magical ways still have all the power they ever had and that it's not wise to make assumptions other than that.

@JS Wiig .... Contractual Obligations .... A story which reminds us that there are always hidden costs and unforeseen circumstances.

JS Wiig: The feverish intensity of this chilling tale of terror aptly conveys the narrator's desperate state of mind.

Parson: The deceptively calm tone of this highly realistic science fiction story strengthens the impact of its unexpected and provocative conclusion.

@Elckerlyc .... The Circle of Death .... A story which could serve as the basis of a modern parable, with its simple but endlessly true moral.

@Peter V .... Invitation .... A story which seems ominous while being quite innocuous until it isn't. It's a gem of deliberate story telling.

@Elckerlyc .... The Circle of Death .... A story which could serve as the basis of a modern parable, with its simple but endlessly true moral.

@Peter V .... Invitation .... A story which seems ominous while being quite innocuous until it isn't. It's a gem of deliberate story telling.
Thank you for your kind words Parson