Thoughts on the 2018 Film Meg And it Upcoming Sequel , Meg 2 The Trench

BAYLOR

There Are Always new Things to Learn.
The Meg Staring Jason Stratham based on the novel Meg: A novel of Deep Terror by Steve Alten ( it has sequels) is about a group biologists living in an vast undersea lab diver that the gaint Megladon shark, thought be extinct for 2 million or so years very much alive and well in the present. The bring a man named Joan Taylor played by action hero Jason Statism to hunt down this baddie oversized Prehistoric Shark which has set it sights on expanding is menu to include humans . Ive see this film several though not in the cinema. In the tradition of monster Films like Deep Rising . This film is total silly and unrealistic but none of that matters, it's flat out fun to watch ! :D

The Sequel Meg 2 The Trench based on the trailer , looks to be just as much fun.:D

There had been prehistoric shark movies before the Meg--I think the reason it got such ridiculous hoopla was because China was involved in its making. It was the Crouching Tiger or Joy Luck Club of its day. The western media likes to give some platform access to such things.
When it came out I thought--man, think of the homegrown films that could benefit from that kind of media access.

There had been prehistoric shark movies before the Meg--I think the reason it got such ridiculous hoopla was because China was involved in its making. It was the Crouching Tiger or Joy Luck Club of its day. The western media likes to give some platform access to such things.
When it came out I thought--man, think of the homegrown films that could benefit from that kind of media access.

And It made money at the box office hence the upcoming sequel.

The Meg trailer made me really look forward to it. My high expectations sadly weren't met when I watched it though.

No matter how many of these type of films they make, none can hold a candle to the original Jaws.

The Last Shark should be the last word on Jaws rip-offs.
Vic Morrow is amusing as the all too obvious Quint character.

I remember going to the movies to watch Jaws 4 and coming out appalled at just how far down the series had been dragged. Same with Superman's IV 'Quest for Peace'.

I remember going to the movies to watch Jaws 4 and coming out appalled at just how far down the series had been dragged. Same with Superman's IV 'Quest for Peace'.

The movie producer, writer and executives and Director that made Jaws 4 should have all been permanently banned from filmmaking and exiled from Hollywood forever . In retrospect , Jaws should HAVE had no sequels at all .

Of the Superman films the first is a great film , the second is good film, The 3rd film is garbage and of the 4th film , I think it would would have been far more entertaining if it had been Superman vs Mariel Hemingway battling it out on the moon instead of Nuclear Man. :D

Last edited:
The movie producer, writer and executives and Director that made Jaws 4 should have all been permanently banned from filmmaking and exiled from Hollywood forever . In retrospect , Jaws should had no sequels at all .

Of the Superman films the first is a great film , the second is good film, The 3rd film is garbage and of the 4th film , I think it would would have been far more entertaining if it had been Superman vs Mariel Hemingway battling it out on the moon instead of Nuclear Man. :D

I thought that Jaws 2 was interesting in how it dealt with the aftermath of the first shark, and the questioning of his credibility as someone suffering from a form of PTSD (long before it was widely discussed). It also helped that the original actors (including the excellent Larry Hamilton as the town mayor) reprised their roles. It wasn't needed, but it was a worthwhile venture.

I thought that Jaws 2 was interesting in how it dealt with the aftermath of the first shark, and the questioning of his credibility as someone suffering from a form of PTSD (long before it was widely discussed). It also helped that the original actors (including the excellent Larry Hamilton as the town mayor) reprised their roles. It wasn't needed, but it was a worthwhile venture.
I didn't see the first film in the theater ,saw it on television . I but did the second in the theaters . That sequel Id give about a B plus. It was entertaining in its own way.

Last edited: