DISCUSSION THREAD -- 300 Word Writing Challenge #49 (April 2023)

@Rafellin .... Remains .... is a story that puts a stamp to the truth that no war ends well.

@THX1138 .... The lost Friend .... is a story that reminds us that there is more than one way to lose a friend.

@JS Wiig .... The Door .... is a story which turns on the interface of natural and the super-natural.

@Guttersnipe .... To Turn or Not to Turn .... is a story which gets its bite from the question and its answer.

@Bren G .... The Rounds of the Semi-skilled .... is a story worthy of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

Great picture for this month's Challenge. I knew the story that I wanted to write, I just hope that I've done it justice.

Really looking forward to reading all the stories this month. Good luck to everyone.

Oh, @therapist, I'm sorry! I was posting my story at the exact moment you were posting yours. I usually wait hours after someone else posts, so their story will have those spotlight moments.

Apologies, CC

No worries! I've been waiting for days for a new story to read. Weird that we posted in the same minute.

Back from my real life hiatus let's do a little catch up.

@paranoid marvin .... Room 27 .... is a story which is a fantasy horror story but still seems disturbingly real.

@AnRoinnUltra .... The most unmotorious place in the Universe .... is a story that threads the needle between unreal and starkly real living.

@Yozh .... Natural Light .... is a story about a door that lead who know where, but wherever it goes it's scary.

@therapist .... The Song of Our People .... is a story that fully embraces legend and thrums with power.

@Cat's Cradle .... A Blunder of Dodos .... is a story which creatively slips the bonds of expectations.

@Christine Wheelwright .... A Crime of The Flesh .... This is a story which drips with the pathos of intimacy experienced only too briefly.

@M. Robert Gibson .... The Unused Door .... This is a story which gives us a sly wink at the world of make-believe; or maybe not?

@Jo Zebedee .... HOPE STREET .... This is a story which pays due respect to hope, pets, and a good life.

Don't you just hate it when you realise you've missed an important bit of info from your 300 words and it's waaaay past the edit window?

Oh well :rolleyes:

Some good entries so far, but I'm a bit dismayed at how few we've had to date, and only 5 days left to enter.

I'm sure there will be the usual last minute entries from me and Ursa (unusually for me, I actually have an idea several days ahead of the deadline!) but we'll need a good few more stories to keep the membership well entertained.

If you've not yet entered, hurry up and get that story written! If you have entered, go and pester some others and get them writing!

Don't you just hate it when you realise you've missed an important bit of info from your 300 words and it's waaaay past the edit window?
I thought there was something amiss, if not actually missing -- either that or I was missing something. Nonetheless, it's an entertaining story, so don't be too downhearted!

Some good entries so far, but I'm a bit dismayed at how few we've had to date, and only 5 days left to enter.

I'm sure there will be the usual last minute entries from me and Ursa (unusually for me, I actually have an idea several days ahead of the deadline!) but we'll need a good few more stories to keep the membership well entertained.

If you've not yet entered, hurry up and get that story written! If you have entered, go and pester some others and get them writing!

I thought there was something amiss, if not actually missing -- either that or I was missing something. Nonetheless, it's an entertaining story, so don't be too downhearted!
I struggled this month. My first effort would be better as a 75 worder. 300 is too much setup for a last line. I'm pleased with the second though. Dark again, can't find any bad puns at the moment.