The Outlaws

Dave

Non Bio
Staff member
Felt crap yesterday so binge watched all 6 episodes of the BBC series The Outlaws.
A bit uneven in parts but a lot of fun. Grim and gritty enough to give tension but there was usually a joke, at Greg's [Stephen Merchants characters] expense, coming along soon. The interplay between Darren Boyd's John and Clare Perkin's Myma was a delight!
And I enjoyed Eleanor Tomlinson's Lady Gabby.
It was a near perfect one-shot show.
The ending felt a bit tacked on for the setup for season 2 as it had been ordered and may be filming already.
So I wonder if there is a "no season 2" ending out there?
But what I really I loved was the last few moments when Frank [Christopher Walked] REALLY painted over a Banksy Rat! [with Banksy' permission]
The first season was something very easy to watch during our second Covid-19 lockdown, and I really enjoyed it. A little far-fetched maybe, and the police were too stupid. It had the right balance of comedy and drama.

There is a second season now released. The first episode has been shown on BBC1. All six are available on IPlayer. I've watched the first two. I find it amazing that the entire cast has returned. It is even more far-fetched, and the police are still as stupid. It is becoming a more light-hearted version of Breaking Bad, but now that the characters have been established, I think it is even funnier than season one.

Back