DISCUSSION THREAD -- FEBRUARY 2022 -- 75 Word Writing Challenge

Peter V

Hi all. Here is the discussion thread for the February challenge

THEME: FAKE

GENRE: Science Fiction, fantasy or horror

I am copying this next bit from CCS post last month, which was copied from TJ's post the previous month:

And we have a new prize for the Challenges! As most of you will know, Dan and Chris are creating the Chrons Podcast and they're offering the winner the chance of having his/her story read out on the next podcast. So start practising your RP and make ready your mini-recording studio, so you can recite your winning story at the end of the month! (Don't panic about it though. I'm sure they'll be happy to read it out if nerves or lack of technical know-ho get the better of you!)

Best of luck

Peter

Fake - that's a good theme and very current, now to try and come up with an idea.

Is it alright with everyone if I do the same thing as Parson and Victoria? I’ll do it as it comes and not at the end this time, but I don’t want to discourage anyone who might not like a fresh set of eyes or whatever. Let me know I guess.
I doubt anyone would mind. I don't.

Is it alright with everyone if I do the same thing as Parson and Victoria? I’ll do it as it comes and not at the end this time, but I don’t want to discourage anyone who might not like a fresh set of eyes or whatever. Let me know I guess.
Everyone is welcome to review the stories. Victoria and I are pretty consistent over the last couple of years, but we are not the first. @Perpetual Man was the originator of the idea and did it for a couple of years. His reviews were sometimes longer than the 75 word stories. There have been other people who have done it from time to time. There are two major rules. One, every story must be reviewed, and two, the review must be positive, which I understand as never tear down the story or point out any flaws.

I'll be interested to see how this works for you.

As long as they are positive and every story is reviewed. You don't have to review your own.

I see parson has beat me too it.

Parson beat me to it regarding the rules or reviewing -- it's Review One, Review All, and no hint of critique or criticism.

Some of our members don't particularly like or approve of reviews, seeing them as in effect tainting the purity of the stories which must stand on their own -- there was a long conversation about it last year and one of these days I will get around to giving my judicial (and judicious) views -- but as long as you stick by the rules you're fine.

EDIT: and now nixie's beaten me to it, as well!!

I don't think Judge would approve of a mob and pitchfork rule amendment when it comes to reviews we don't like, but I'm willing if it helps any.

@Starbeast .... Ballantine the Great .... Some fakes are less fake than some others. And when it's discovered you will swallow your cigarette.

@Luiglin .... In the blink of an eye .... Some fakes are more difficult to pull off than others.

Thanks for the review, Victoria, CC

'Maybe I’ll sit this one out… maybe, maybe not.'

I wonder if @worldofmutes is faking us out?? ;)

Back