John Brunner and Rats

Lafayette

Man of Artistic Fingers
Supporter
Is my memory faulty or did John Brunner write a novel about mutated Rats that were violent in the late 60s or early 70s?

I remember it as a good story and plausible. I don't recall the exact title. I would like to read it again to see if it was or is as good as I remember?

P.S. Was he related to the Marvel comic book artist Frank Brunner?

I've never read any John Brunner books. I do remember James Herbert's The Rats first published 1974 about rats who mutated.

Now I need to find my copy along with Lair and Domain and see if they are as good and scary as I remember.

I've never read any John Brunner books. I do remember James Herbert's The Rats first published 1974 about rats who mutated.

Now I need to find my copy along with Lair and Domain and see if they are as good and scary as I remember.
I read all 3 for the first time this year. Very good books

At one point I was sort of a Brunner completist. It was difficult because his early stuff seemed to consist mostly of Ace doubles. Much harder to find in the day. Making some allowances for a less than perfect memory, I can pretty well assure you that RATS! was not his.

Sorry. Loved it. Definately social science fiction. It also replicated an actual chess match.
Brunner was an early Campaign For Nuclear Disarmament (Alderston March) peace advocate. Lots of his middle/late stuff was political.
There was a rumor that he had invented the Peace Symbol. He was certainly around when it happened.
LINK

Sorry. Loved it. Definately social science fiction. It also replicated an actual chess match.
Brunner was an early Campaign For Nuclear Disarmament (Alderston March) peace advocate. Lots of his middle/late stuff was political.
There was a rumor that he had invented the Peace Symbol. He was certainly around when it happened.
LINK
It didn't make any sense to me and was just boring.

Came across this book recently.
Just throwing it in there.
comingoftherats.jpgcomingoftherats2.jpg

I read Rats , It wasn't a bad book . It was made into a not very good film in 1982 titled Deadly Eyes.