My debut horror novel

Al1981

Hey there,

I've recently self-published my first novel (a supernatural horror), as an eBook and with a paperback along the way. It's really hard to market and promote the book as I lack the punch a traditional publisher would naturally have. Would anyone be interesting in purchasing it? If you're into that genre of book. It's a huge book, but I believe the nature of the storyline justifies the length.

I thought I'd try and get some exposure online. As you don't know if you don't try.

Thanks. :)

Welcome to the Chrons!

Congratulations on getting your book out there! You're right, it's hard to sell a self-published book unless one already has some kind of following. One way to achieve a following is to join in communities like Chrons -- if you make yourself known around the site, particularly the writing threads, and show yourself to be happy to talk about books and the mechanics of writing, you'll find people much more likely to have a look at what you've written and perhaps buy from you. You'll also be able to tap into other people's ideas for getting noticed and selling your book which you'll find in our publishing section, and I'll move this thread over there, where it might gain a little more notice.

Meanwhile, thank you for not giving details of your novel and where it can be purchased, though I imagine you were very tempted to do so. We don't allow self-promotion of that kind -- even down to giving the title of the novel -- unless a member has Supporter status. If you did wish to become a Supporter, which would allow you to promote your novel, the details are here Become a Supporting Member to self-promote

Meanwhile, do look around, join in conversations, and generally make yourself at home, and we'll do all we can to help you in your writing career!

Hey.

Thanks for the welcome!

It's why I didn't mention my novel; as I didn't want to break any rules and wasn't sure I was allowed to anyway. But yeah, self-publishing is really difficult.