Looking for places to find science fiction concepts

Scorpia629

I've been looking for more places to find science fiction concepts. The best one I have found so far is /r/scificoncepts. Other than them and Isaac Arthur I am stumped. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

What do you need science fiction concepts for? Your own writing? Or are you doing some sort of overview for an essay?

Different priorities may suggest different approaches. If you were trying to get into writing and you had few ideas for SF, then I'd argue you need to read a lot of the genre, old & new, simple pulp & literary etc... Also perhaps a few books on the history of SF and of course have a look at proper science - popular science, not real papers, is fine!

Anyway, another source that just lists ideas is tvtropes. It has a huge list of ideas for speculative ficiton that will reference works from a lot of different sources that use the ideas, see below:

I've been looking for more places to find science fiction concepts. The best one I have found so far is /r/scificoncepts. Other than them and Isaac Arthur I am stumped. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It's just. thought but, have you considered Popular Science Magazine as a source for inspiration ?

I have rss news feeds to these set up on one of my computers.

Back