Greetings and thanks

dspoh001

Hi. I am glad to have learned about this group. I love to write short SF stories. I understand that for some reason the short story market isn't doing the best these days. Does anyone know how to successfully publish a single author collection? I wanted to post this in the writing forum, but it wouldn't let me. I'm not sure why.

I'm not sure why, either, but I've moved your thread over to the Self-Publishing sub-forum, as that's probably a better place for it than Writing Discussion since you're looking for specific information on publishing rather than asking general questions about writing.

I can't help you myself with the SP procedure, even though I'm helping to bring out a second anthology of short stories written by women writers here on Chrons, as I'm way behind the other anthologists in knowing how to deal with all the SPing stuff. What I can say, though, is that it's vital to have one's work properly critiqued, beta'd and edited before getting to the SP stage. If you haven't yet gone along the route of finding a writing group or beta readers, that I'd suggest is the next thing to do, while familiarising yourself with the SP process.

Have a look through other threads in this section and you'll find lots of advice.

Good luck with your project! And Welcome to Chrons!