For the newbie, how do I promote my new book.

Well, as I've mentioned, now you're a Supporter you can put up a thread in Press Releases and tell us about it there.

I think most self-publishers would say that the best way to promote yourself is to publish a lot -- one book makes barely a ripple in the SP pool, so you need to write and publish, write and publish.

Alongside that, become involved here on Chrons or an equivalent site (though we're the best...) -- people are more likely to have a look at your work if they see you around a bit, joining in with different threads. Let us get to know you, and let us help you with your writing generally.

There are also a number of threads about self-publishing and how best to publicise one's work so have a look through here Self-Publishing which might give you some answers.

And once again, welcome to Chrons!

I'm thinking about pulling it and rewriting the first chapter at least and i've stopped promoting it. It's as much a learning exercise as anything. Think I was too abrupt publishing. Reading the critique threads.

I'm thinking about pulling it and rewriting the first chapter at least and i've stopped promoting it. It's as much a learning exercise as anything. Think I was too abrupt publishing. Reading the critique threads.
You’re open to learning so that’s brilliant. If it’s not ready, hold back - you’ll be glad you did. In the meantime stick around, ask questions and you’ll learn loads - and have lots of sff lovers ready to support you on launch day! :)

Every writer here has had exactly that same issue. We craft something we think is really good, then we take a step back, usually with the help of a beta reader or writing group or somewhere like Critiques, and we realise that what we've written is just the beginnings of something good and a lot more work is needed. That realisation isn't always easy to accept, but it -- and the commitment to improve and learn -- is vital if we're to progress as writers. So congratulations on passing that first milestone!

lol, thanks. Unfortunately it's stuck for 90 days because I allowed it free to Prime readers but at least i can still change it.