Looking for a specific book

silentone

I checked out a book from a library last year in a town I use to live in. Now I can't find the book series on the website nor is there any record of the stuff I checked out. I liked the book and was hoping to listen to it while I drive for 18hrs to our new place. All I remember is a spaceship landing on planet earth and a human coming to investigate only to find two a alien species fighting and one is being affected by some type of mind web that the other species using against them to cripple them. The princess on the ship was in route to negotiations with this mind web species that act like merchants but the meeting was an ambush and the ship carrying the princess fled and ended up landing on earth. When the human helped out and the princess saw he wasn't affected by the mind web she had him brought on board once the mind web species were killed. At the end of the book the princess now queen was killed. This book ended up being a series and the library only had the first book, but I can't seem to find it when searching. Does anyone know the series I'm talking about? I not only want to get the audio book but also buy the book series. It was definitely a great book and I want to finish the series. Supposedly the queen comes back to life but I don't know how just something I remember. The queen and human man fall in love. That's all I can remember.

I checked out a book from a library last year in a town I use to live in. Now I can't find the book series on the website nor is there any record of the stuff I checked out. I liked the book and was hoping to listen to it while I drive for 18hrs to our new place. All I remember is a spaceship landing on planet earth and a human coming to investigate only to find two a alien species fighting and one is being affected by some type of mind web that the other species using against them to cripple them. The princess on the ship was in route to negotiations with this mind web species that act like merchants but the meeting was an ambush and the ship carrying the princess fled and ended up landing on earth. When the human helped out and the princess saw he wasn't affected by the mind web she had him brought on board once the mind web species were killed. At the end of the book the princess now queen was killed. This book ended up being a series and the library only had the first book, but I can't seem to find it when searching. Does anyone know the series I'm talking about? I not only want to get the audio book but also buy the book series. It was definitely a great book and I want to finish the series. Supposedly the queen comes back to life but I don't know how just something I remember. The queen and human man fall in love. That's all I can remember.
Have you talked to someone at the library? They may be able to find it via their records.