Stannis, battle on the ice and the Night Lamp Theory

Narkalui

Nerf Herder
Ok, so we all know that the Freys and Manderleys are marching toward Stannis and, at least in Jon's timeline, the battle may have already taken place.

I don't know whether or not you are aware, but there's a theory of how this battle will go down that's been floating around the internet for while, here is a brief summary (for the full version just Google "The Night Lamp Theory"):

Stannis and his host are camped around a tower on the shore of a frozen lake which has an island in the middle. The men are cutting holes in the ice of the lake to catch fish and Stannis is keeping a fire burning at the top of the tower night and day.

Davos, on arriving on the Sisters tells us that the Sistermen will sometimes use false lights to lure merchantmen onto the rocks so that their cargoes can be plundered. He also tells us that as Master of Ships, Stannis wanted to punish the Sistermen for this but could never catch them red handed.

So the theory goes that the Manderley host will have allowed the Frey host to get ahead (because since "He would have grown up to be a Frey" they don't get along too well), both marching toward Stannis' light. Then, as the Freys advance they'll realise that they are on the frozen lake and are marching towards a false light on the island, at which point the ice will break because of the holes and the Freys will drown and/or freeze to death. Happy days!

So... thoughts?

"Stannis is the second son of Steffon Baratheon, Lord of the Stormlands. The eldest son is Robert Baratheon, and the youngest is Renly Baratheon. Steffon died when the boys were young, and Robert inherited all his titles. When Robert rebelled against King Aerys II Targaryen, Stannis fought at his brother's side. He spent almost the entire war in the besieged castle of Storm's End. There he and his men nearly starved to death, but they were saved by Davos Seaworth, who sailed to the castle in a ship full of bows. Stannis knighted Davos but at the same time punished him for stealing by cutting off the phalanges of four fingers on his right hand. Davos remained loyal to Stannis and considered the punishment" - that's how briefly I decided to give you the story's beginning.

@Jania Gryder Welcome! To quote Cypher, from The Matrix: "I know what you're thinking, 'cause right now I'm thinking the same thing. Actually, I've been thinking it ever since I got here: Why, oh why didn't I take the BLUE pill?"

Stannis is the second son of Steffon Baratheon, Lord of the Stormlands.
"Stannis is the second son of Steffon Baratheon, Lord of the Stormlands. When Robert rebelled against King Aerys II Targaryen, Stannis fought at his brother's side. He spent almost the entire war in the besieged castle of Storm's End. There he and his men nearly starved to death, but they were saved by Davos Seaworth, who sailed to the castle in a ship full of bows. Stannis knighted Davos but at the same time punished him for stealing by cutting off the phalanges of four fingers on his right hand. Davos remained loyal to Stannis and accepted the punishment"-that's how I briefly decided to summarize the story's beginning. Based on the night lamp theory, I decided to make my room in the style of the time, and the strip lights served as lights.