Weird sci fi book. Read in 2010ish, was likely written somewhere in the 80s or 90s

Ok, in 2010ish, I read a very bizarre sci fi book, that was clearly the second or third in the series. The book was already downloaded to an ereader my mom bought me secondhand. I vaguely remember "Earth" being part of the title.
The main character was some sort of agent from the future (book was also set in the 80s, or 90s), who was living with his Japanese girlfriend (with a really stereotypical name like suki or something similar) and her parents in a large US city. The girlfriend was pregnant, but the baby was not his, but a result of an assault. She was an archeologist of some sort, and possibly was affiliated with the Smithsonian?
The agent guy met her because she was the grandmother of a major general in the future who spearheaded earth colonizing space. He is a time traveller from a distant future who was originally trying to protect her. The book opens to a sex scene between them, and she is heavily pregnant.
I also remember that in the book, he travels back to his home planet to meet with some princess or something, and then ends up stranded on a more primitive planet with a tribe of people who look asian but are pale with pale eyes and red hair. He is somehow either romantically interested or otherwise protective of a younger female member of these people?
I don't really remember anything else, but I'd be interested in reading the rest of the series and cannot find anything about it!!