Dune: The Sisterhood TV series approved for Warner Media

This could be interesting. It’d be lovely to see a series set within the Dune universe. I’ll watch this.

It will be interesting where they set the series. Will it be after God Emperor when the Honoured Matres come to challenge them....or will it be from Sisterhood of Dune which apparently is set during the Butlerian Jihad. And written by Brian Herbert and Kevin Anderson. So I haven't and won't read it.

Or will it be something completely different?

It will be interesting where they set the series. Will it be after God Emperor when the Honoured Matres come to challenge them....or will it be from Sisterhood of Dune which apparently is set during the Butlerian Jihad. And written by Brian Herbert and Kevin Anderson. So I haven't and won't read it.

Or will it be something completely different?

Producers mentioned in the article include Kevin J. Anderson... so, considering the name of the show, it most likely is based on Sisterhood of Dune.

edit: actually, maybe not. Article says it is based in future... wasn't Sisterhood of Dune a prequel?
edit2: nevermind, talks about finding Arrakis, so set before the original.

Dune: The Sisterhood takes place in the same universe and explores the future through the eyes of a mysterious order of women: the Bene Gesserit. Given abilities by their mastery of the body and the mind, the Bene Gesserit expertly weave through the feudal politics and intrigue of The Imperium, pursuing plans of their own that will ultimately lead them to the enigmatic planet Arrakis — known to its inhabitants as Dune.

Last edited:
Producers mentioned in the article include Kevin J. Anderson... so, considering the name of the show and some other details given in the article, it most likely is based on Sisterhood of Dune.
It looks like the original authors didn't adapted it...but still, that's thrown cold water over it for me. ;)

Dune is clearly cursed when it comes to TV/movie adaptions. :)

It might not be so bad. Quality of TV adaptions has come a long way. Even SyFy is doing decent stuff now.

Speaking of SyFy, I didn't think their adaption was all that bad. Not perfect, and felt pretty low budget, as expected of SyFy in the day. The casting was a bit off, but the changes made when adapted were only minor. I will admit though that I watched the miniseries long before I read the book so my enjoyment of it in hindsight might be different.

But anyway, lets see how the remake movie turns out next year. They do claim it will be true to the source material this time... I think the problem with the original was they hired the wrong director to make it, or so the story goes.

Last edited:
It should be alright though. I'm sure the DVDs will be in the bargain bins of online and high street shops very quickly ;)

Now called Dune Prophecy coming in 2024?:(