Project Blue Book

Various different films. The ones I saw then were made for 1st and 2nd grades. The duck and cover one had a nice little jingle that went with it. Little school kids walking to school, boom an atomic bomb goes off. Jump in the shallow ditch next to the road and cover your head with your hands (and I might add, kiss your ass goodbye).

Reactions: ctg
The duck and cover one had a nice little jingle that went with it. Little school kids walking to school, boom an atomic bomb goes off.

You mean like this Bert the Turtle film?

It is so hard for us to believe that anyone back in those days, after the bombs fell, would have believed them. Kids least likely as before teen years, they are super clever. It is also interesting that in this episode Hynek's son showed a great interest on what he's dad is doing. Mum's fallout shelter was the least interesting thing.

I cannot blame him because I would have been the same. To me anything they did was interesting. More so than anything they gave us in school. To us, living under Russian threat, just next to our border and not very far from the Chernobyl, they showed a very few propaganda films.

The interesting thing about that is The Project Blue Book was a US government attempt on the UFO propaganda. I believe that they got really scared at some point and they decided to close the whole project, with the infamous claim that "they're not real."

Sure there are cases that can be explained and has to be explain, but in the documents, they also mention those 700 cases that they couldn't explain. I don't believe that any of the mainstream media picked up on that fact. Not until very recently, when, to be honest, because of the internet, the cover up is starting to break, and they cannot deny that there are something's that have no conventional explanation ... or they do, but it cannot be talked about, because of the taboo.

These days they cannot even try to brainwash people with their films, as our society wouldn't take it. They would be laughed at and ridiculed in every news outlet. So, today's policy is to keep it all hush-hush as much as you can.

It's just like those witnesses Hynek and Quinn interviewed, people aren't afraid any more. Just like it was very recently with the pilots seeing something (a meteor) over Irish sea, or that even more perplexing case at California, where two plane pilots observed a light phenomenom and it got flacked up all the way to the NORAD. And they couldn't explain it either.

Either because they didn't know or because they were talking about known unknown and it was classified so that all they could do was to shrug their shoulders and plead fifth.

Blue Book was disbanded by USAF later in nineteen sixty-nine after the publication in January of the Edward Condon Committee final report which detailed many sightings and investigations by BB and civilian groups like NICAP (1400 pages worth) and concluded that as nothing of scientific value had emerged
the government should abandon further studies.

Various different films. The ones I saw then were made for 1st and 2nd grades. The duck and cover one had a nice little jingle that went with it. Little school kids walking to school, boom an atomic bomb goes off. Jump in the shallow ditch next to the road and cover your head with your hands (and I might add, kiss your ass goodbye).
Full instructions for those who may have been out on the town during the strike.

kisskiss.jpg

2nd episode was the "The Flatwoods Monster" , man this series is the conflation of a lot of goofy stuff. Town goes murderously paranoid over a vague story.
Hynek explains it and get paid! That is what a 'fixer' does!
3rd episode "The Lubbock Lights" , town goes paranoid again, this happened but not with baseball bat brutes!
This time Hynek explains nothing , did he get paid?

I love the conceit that the Air Force is in a flatfooted conspiracy and does not trust Hynek , don't know why they just don't fire him!
And Russian agents who murder and build fall out shelters, can't beat that!!
Is there now yet another 'shadow' of the Hynek family?!

What Russian agents? There was no Russia back in 1950's. Only Soviet Union. What are you talking about?
Welpe , even then, Soviets were sometimes referred to as Russians now and then.

So much for From Russia with love. JFK must have wondered where these SMERSH agents and Rosa Kleb came from.

Fleming published the book in 1957 so Kennedy obviously read it afterwards. It was written in the fifties and referenced CCCP by Russia.

Check dialog in Greta Garbo picture Ninotchka (MGM 1939).

"How are things in Moscow?"
"Very good. The last mass trials were a great success. There are going to be fewer but better Russians."

"A Russian! I love Russians! Comrade, I've been fascinated by your five-year plan for the last fifteen years."

Check dialog in Greta Garbo picture Ninotchka (MGM 1939).

"How are things in Moscow?"
"Very good. The last mass trials were a great success. There are going to be fewer but better Russians."

"A Russian! I love Russians! Comrade, I've been fascinated by your five-year plan for the last fifteen years."

Why are you quoting that in this one?

O yeah

UFOer Donald Keyhoe gets a gun stuck in his mouth by the CIA? , I guess....
Loved it!

Susie was speaking Russian in the 2nd episode.

Then that would make her a spy this close to the MJ-12 program, but she could also have a origins in the Soviets. Before she's seen with the handler, you can also assume she's one. But, why would they target Dr Hynek?

Then that would make her a spy this close to the MJ-12 program, but she could also have a origins in the Soviets. Before she's seen with the handler, you can also assume she's one. But, why would they target Dr Hynek?

Tell ya this show is long on wishes and short on facts.

Back