Discussion Thread -- August 2018 75-word Writing Challenge

Firstly, a gigantic WELL DONE @TheDustyZebra for choosing the theme & genre. Even though it was tough for me to think of something, I had fun.

Secondly, a huge THANK YOU @Victoria Silverwolf , @Shyrka & @Parson for wonderfully reviewing everyone's story.

I have to say...I was stunned and amazed at the level of outstanding writing for this month. Such astonishing tales to read through (a few times), I felt like I was enjoying an awesome anthology of intriguingly crafted stories. So-much-so, I could not contain a few selected entries for a short list, because I was unable to trim down 95% of magnificent choices. I could easily sense the "passion of writing" from you great authors, and the enormous respect you all have for "books" in general.

"The Book" theme was used in every way possible, including an acronym, used by @dannymcg (which I also thought about doing). A fantastic collection of horror, drama and outrageous comedy. like @Luiglin offering (he got me to chuckle).

Excellent work by everyone. You all deserve a vote. Since I had only one vote, I had to spin a bottle. - Starbeast

Did anyone notice that Bob was missing this month ?

I was waiting for the "Where's Bobdo?" book.

-----

I found this month very difficult to rank. It seemed like no story took itself out of the running, and no story seemed to stand 10 feet tall for me. So my long short list goes this way.

@Victoria Silverwolf ... Kelvin 506 ... short listed for its excessive cleverness.

@Brian G Turner ... The Book ... short listed because he's the emperor and these are his Olympic Games. :giggle:

@D.A. Xiaolin Spires ... Spires ... short listed for putting so manyk original thoughts into a 75 word story.

@TheEndIsNigh ... It's Absolute Torture ... short listed for telling a story from the book's point of veiw.

@mosaix ... Time enough and More ... short listed for a different view of a Von Neuimann Self Replicating Machine.

@johnnyjet ... The Book of Books ... short listed for turning a card catalogue into a real horror story.

@RJM Corbet ... Look What They've Done to My Book, Ma ... short listed for an insightful look into how a book is written.

@TheDustyZebra ... But Thinking Makes It So ... short listed for giving an author the most impossible choice ever.

Vote: @D.A. Xiaolin Spires ... I thought her's was the best of a good lot of stories.

Wow. Spoilt for choice.
Voted for THE Banshee Of Old Kilkenny @dannymcg for imagery and dark irony. In space no one can hear you scream for ever.
Spàs Lingus - was a nice touch.
It needs a sequel and most asteroids do come back round!

Looks as though you're going to have a particularly nice Christmas, UM! ;)

Back