Old Tech thread

Caption explains it all...

70e5625b2b7a88b012e0b5d9f4eae858.jpg

There was a similar story a few days ago in the UK about a vintage 1932 MG Roadster found buried on Salisbury Plain, unearthed by archaeologists during a dig at a disused Second World War weapons pit. It was thought to have been used as a pool car for soldiers in the 1960s.

Sorry, but the only link that I can find now has a paywall, but it was in all of the newspapers last week: Vintage car found buried on Salisbury Plain: Explore 3D model of MG Roadster unearthed by archaeologists
Non paywall link:

I'm disappointed there isn't a sword cane with a concealed knife, or an angler's cane that becomes a fishing rod. The flute cane is interesting, but could it really play a tune? What on Earth is he doing to that horse? :unsure: Is he measuring its height?

Does anyone remember these from the 1970's?

Bullworker Isometric Exerciser bar chest expander.jpg
Yeah, I had a Bullworker, like everyone else I used it for about a week and then it gathered dust in a cupboard.

There were actually little illustrations of the various exercises on the flat sides of the handles, but they wore off after three or four days.

Danny said:
Yeah, I had a Bullworker, like everyone else I used it for about a week and then it gathered dust in a cupboard.

My job used to involve removing large objects dumped in the bin stores of blocks of flats, etc.
Most of the year, it was things like old mattresses, dead fridges, broken chairs and beds, etc, but from the third week of January to the middle of February there was always a sudden peak in discarded rowing machines, cross-trainers and (especially) exercise bikes...

Back