Angel's Deceit

Gonk the Insane

Supporter
The second volume in my Angelwar trilogy, Angel's Deceit is being released on the 23rd September and picks up right where Angel's Truth finished.

upload_2017-9-21_6-36-5.jpeg

Trust is Where Betrayal Begins

As the barbarian army marches across the desert to finish the war that began two centuries ago, Tol Kraven is sent to Meracia to discover why only a small portion of the nation’s army is mobilising.

In a city of lies and intrigue, Tol must root out a conspiracy and find a way to force the Meracians to muster their full strength to meet the horde racing towards their borders.

Out of his depth amid Meracian politics, Tol will need Katarina’s help to learn the truth, but the noblewoman has her own agenda, and a task that may prove just as deadly as Tol’s own.

In a city where everyone lies, Tol will learn that betrayal comes from the most unexpected places.

The kindle version will be available from Saturday (though it's available on pre-order now):
Amazon UK
Amazon.com

And the paperback should be available a few days later. If anyone would like an ARC copy (kindle) do drop me a line and I can send one over.

EDIT: The kindle version will be available for free for a few days from Sunday - I'll post details when it happens.

Last edited:
The kindle version of Angel's Deceit is now available through Amazon (£1.99 for the UK).

From 24th - 27th September it can be snaffled up for free. And, in addition, volume 1 of the trilogy, Angel's Truth, will also be available for free tomorrow (24th) so anyone who missed the first release can pick up both for free. The reception to book 1 has been pretty incredible and recent weeks have seen many firsts, including my first review on Goodreads and a (spoiler-free) review on his website by our very own @The Big Peat - Peat Long's Blog: Five Books I haven't Mentioned Before

The third volume of the trilogy, Angel's Knight, comes out mid-October and there'll be a further free promo around release date, so anyone who likes to read a whole series at once rather than waiting for a year or so for the next one can get everything all once.:)

Did you wait to have this all done before publishing, or are you insanely quick?
Ah, good question, Peat. Mostly just insane. I did, after all, decide that this was the year and that it if I was really disciplined I could do final edits/revisions of three manuscripts that I thought were ready to go in time to get the dimensions to the cover artist in May, then proof read 3 novels and build paperback and kindle files for KDP and Createspace in time to get everything out around this time. The full tale (to date - I'm still not quite done with book 3 but it's a sprint finish now:)) can be found in my Project Insanity series of blog posts.

It's been tough, for sure, but I'm happy with the results, and have my first books out and I'm really proud of them. The biggest single factor in this actually maybe working out is this place. I've learned so much from the experienced folks here over the last couple of years who've shared their experience and wisdom about every aspect of this whole thing - writing, editing, formatting, etc - that I avoided many, many mistakes I would definitely have made if I hadn't had a look beyond the writing forum (which is why I originally joined - not realising how much more there is to this place). Instead, I've made different mistakes:D

I'd also been musing and planning on self-publishing since before I joined Chrons, so I gradually - and I often changed my mind - settled on what I wanted to do and how to do it prior to this whole thing kicking off in January.