(Found) American soldier travels to Stone Age Europe

AnnieP

This is a book loved and lost and partly remembered.
He remembers a title something like In this age of Stone.
The story line was about an American soldier who somehow travels back to Stone Age Europe in order to do something or get something that will change the course of a current war with the Germans. I would be very grateful for information that might lead me to obtaining a copy of this book.

A quick Amazon search of the title reveals In This Age of Stone (1978) by Sharon Sosna:

In This Age of Stone: Amazon.co.uk: Sharon Sosna: 9780532153665: Books

And here is a blurb for that book..

U.S pilot David Cory is captured by the Nazis, and sent back 30,000 years in time by means of an experimental time transporter. After many incredible adventures and a tribal marriage to a beautiful Cro-Magnon girl, Cory was rapidly adjusting to his strange new life when he learned that the sinister German scientist Von Bruder and his men had followed him into the past. Could the ancient world survive the menace of the so-called supermen? David Cory rallied his cave man "brothers" for a fight to the finish.

Thank you so much Wruter and dannymcq. This is certainly the book. My research skills are slipping! We have a result.