L. Ron Hubbard's The Invaders Plan

treefingers

Hi all

Was wondering if anyone has more precise info on when Hubbard actually wrote the Mission Earth series and namely the first of the series: The Invaders Plan.
I know that the first was published a year before his death in 1985. But in which period of his life was he writing these books?

Cheers

Was wondering if anyone has more precise info on when Hubbard actually wrote the Mission Earth series and namely the first of the series: The Invaders Plan.
I know that the first was published a year before his death in 1985. But in which period of his life was he writing these books?
I believe Hubbard wrote the first and possibly the second just before he died. It is widely believed that he arranged for other Scientologists to ghost-write many (all) of the later works for him based on notes. What's more, it's also widely believed that the books all attained "NY Times Bestseller" status only because the Church of Scientology bought the books in massive numbers. They are, by all accounts, complete rubbish and pretty offensive to anyone who's not a scientologist and/or has deviant sexual proclivities: see here for instance.

I read the first book and had no desire to read any of the rest.

I read the first one a long time ago. Happily, I seem to have blocked the experience from my mind. Yea for forgetting stuff!

As a side note, should anything ever written by Hubbard be discussed in a 'Classic' forum? Written some time ago? Yes. Classic? Me thinks not.

Back