5.09: Falling Skies: Reunion

Dave

Non Bio
Staff member
Tom gains a powerful new weapon against the Espheni. Ben puts his life on the line to extract enemy plans. Pope discovers that Tom is alive, and launches a final attack. Meanwhile, the 2nd Mass must reassess their situation when an unexpected visitor appears.

That cleared up the loose ends much more succinctly than I expected, and set us up for the final battle as we all expected it would, but it packed a lot in after all those, or so slow episodes.

After Katie, it was clear that Lexie was also an Espheni duplicate, but it really was a genuine dilemma whether or not to believe her. Except, how long was she supposed to have been just lying there in the woods, waiting to be found?

Pope's attack was a pretty poor event and hardly worth the long build-up. Talk about anticlimactic! Are we sure he is dead this time? I didn't see a body. And blowing up your fuel store to kill him seems a tad dangerous and more than a little stupid.

The Dornia finally show themselves and give Tom a biological weapon. No instructions on using it! They don't know what it is so they poke it to find out! They then get a brewer to reverse bio-engineer it so that humans are unaffected. Sounds as feasible as the rest of the storylines.

Broadcasting the invasion plans over radio. No chance the Espheni could pick up on it with at least one spy in the 42 other militias. And did those other militias also conveniently fall upon a militia holed up in a Naval Base with ammo and vehicles and fuel?

Well, at least next week will just be big explosions and giant bugs. I don't need to think to hard about that.

There are some strange storylines as you put above Dave. Quite poorly written. The buildup for Pope's attack was such a waste of time in previous episodes. While Tom being given a little creature that will win the war, well then all the fighting was just so this other vengeful alien could have someone survive to toss it at the hive queen? The writers couldn't think of a good way to end the fight it seems. The poking around and reverse engineering sounds almost as dumb as the geologist and biologist poking aliens in the film Prometheus, but at least there they were punished for their immense stupidity/recklessness.
There will be some action next week. I expect a good start and some bizarre stuff to follow.

Oh the younger Mason boy's love interest/flirting moved on a bit too, which was of course important.

You guys nailed it. It's a mess.
Unlike most times when a series ends, I'll be relieved next Sunday.
Ah, Falling Skies. So much promise; so much disappointment.

Ah I forgot the term for that war winning creature and saw it another review. A Deus Ex Machina if ever there was one.