Book search. Main characters name is Berry

InstantKarma

Hi I am trying to find the title of a book I read when I was much younger. Any help is appreciated!

It took place on earth on the distant future, and the main character named Berry was a member of a primitive tribe living on earth.
There were some mysterious beings that terrified the tribe and came to steal the tribes women.
Berry follows the beings after they take his woman and ends up on a giant spacecraft full of people orbiting the earth.

Can anybody help me find the title/author of this book? I believe it was published in the 70s but I suppose it could be from the late 60s as well.

This is most likely Edmund Cooper’s Slaves of Heaven (1974). Here’s the blurb mentioning the tribe and the man named Berry:

“They were the Night Comers. No one could say if they were ghosts or gods or devils. They only knew they came from the sky, silver clad, ominous, with a Medusa glance that could freeze a man in his tracks. They stole women and carried them off to heaven, decimating the Earth's population and threatening the survival of the human species.

Berry, chief of the Londos clan, frustrated by the uselessness of his tribes' primitive weapons, ventures into the inner circle of the Night Comers and is spirited away in their ship to their home in the stars. There, Berry's fight for survival holds the key to the existence of his own world and that of the Night Comers as well.”