S214 Love in the Time of Hydra

REBerg

Registered Alien
Supporter
So many storylines going on in this series, it's difficult for me to keep them straight. Two SHIELD operations, a pair of Hydra remnants, Skye's dilemma, the group now holding Raina and Cal.

Must be helpful to be grounded in the the Marvel comic book universe to understand what's in store. Interesting to find out how many of these threads will intertwine and be resolved before the season ends.

And what manner of time travel sorcery it this? Jose Rames turns up in the “real” SHIELD headquarters masquerading as Agent Calderon. Must be a Splinter gone terribly wrong.

And what happens when the other SHIELD people learn that Nick Fury is still alive. I wonder if it will take Captain America and the other Avengers to have Fury put back in charge. Basically them saying they won't work with anyone else.

It's a great mess, which makes sense considering the size of SHIELD and the rapidity of it's fall. It strikes me that Rodrigues (aka General Adama) has the right idea but not all of the facts concerning Coulson's pursuit of the alien tech. Coulson was racing to get it because Hydra were on the trail too..

Hopefully they'll meet for a nice sit down to compare who has the best toys.. the Bus is cool but an aircraft carrier....!

Good to see Ward again.. and he seems to genuinely care for Agent 33... for now! The "shippers" got some Ward/Skye action of sorts too!

The season is over before Age of Ultron premieres though.. so if Fury makes his return then AOS will pick up in S3 with a new set of parameters I guess.

Adama!

Edward James Olmos, like Kyle MacClachan, is another superb casting decision. It's impossible to know which way his character will go - well-intentioned, twisted, or Hydra front? But they have a helicarrier...which lends some credibility. And their arguments about Coulson do seem justified, from a certain position. I'm now struggling to remember how Coulson was given authority as Director of SHIELD, and am left questioning whether he really is...

Good episode, and interesting to see the story advance, evolve, and change, without trying to drag a single storyline out over the season.

I was wondering if I'd remember this episode, but the introduction of Olmos was a rather good moment in season 2. I remember wondering if he or Coulson would end up as director, and whether this might be the beginning of the end for Coulson [Olmos has the gravitas to end up as the big cheese, I think].