5.13: The Walking Dead - Forget

ctg

weaver of the unseen
hWhsAeS.jpg

One question, what is the new normality, when every place they have been has sooner than later turned ruins?

PS. I don't know where Aaron has got his hands around De Lisle Carbine when it's one of the rarest WW2 guns in the world.

Sasha in sniper mode was bad ass but her detachment is kind of freaky. Interesting watching her try to deal with PTSD though. Wonder who carved a 'W' into that walkers forehead. Weird seeing Michonne in a uniform. Love Carol pretending to be all suburban house wife. Buttons! Abe is a philosophical drunk. Carol was creepy as hell when that kid caught her.

As I have said before, I like and trust this community and to see our characters adjust to this new normalcy is adding more depth to them. About time for Daryl to loosen up a bit, and I like how and with whom he did. I hope they stay awhile and explore D.C. Hey Carol, that was really spooky, you freaked me out and I'm an 800 old Jedi Master. Poor kid. Poor Carol for resorting to that. Did anyone else notice at the end when Rick's married crush and her husband said hello to him that the street name behind him was Morgan? Yeah, big love triangle coming. I hope the actors that play Eugene and the priest aren't getting paid by the sentence (they weren't even in this episode). Oh yeah, Poor Buttons.

Reactions: ctg
It is strange to see Alexandria Safe-Zone in such good shape episode after episode, but it is stranger to see people mingling in a house party just like nothing would had happened. The people in there didn't seem to even know that there are probably nearly three hundred million zombies roaming the old country, searching for anything that has a living, beating heart in their chest. And for that Bee Gees "Spicks and Specks" is a perfect tune to cast an illusion of a perfect normality.

Maybe that is what Deanna want to portray to the old residents. Maybe she wants them to know that as long they blow in same coal anything can be achieved, while the reality outside Alexandria's steel walls are more dire. You can see that eyes of Deanna's Architect hubby, when he says: "I watched all videos." What is out there doesn't exist to residents of Deanna's community. They can simply watch it from the small screen and pretend that life as they knew it is as much back normality, while they enjoy their luxurious items like chocolate, which is number 70 on the list of hundred items that will disappear first. Toilet paper on that list is number 30.

You could say that I'm wrong but I'm with Sasha. Things like ones favourite food shouldn't be priority things while there are humongous hordes out there. In every episode we have seen so far there has been lurkers coming towards Alexandria's walls. And every single time they have been put down, just like they did to ones that ate buttons. But that is not what worries her as she is right, they should have lookouts to see danger coming rather than expecting the silence around this idyllic community to continue till the end of days.

In fact I would say that they need to be really scared for finding marked ones coming near to their walls. But then again that is the salt of this series as we know it's not that easy to carve a marking on dead ones head. Someone is out there doing that, and that someone cannot be good because we already know what playing with zombies meant to the governor. We know how crazy he was for keeping dead daughter chained in a tiny room, not talking about the zombie TV he had made in the empty aquariums.

So my question is: has Deanna kept her mouth shut about something or someone out there? Is that the reason why she's so anxious to get experienced fighters to settle down in her community?

PS. Three episodes left in this season.

Most of this episode seemed to focus on the social integration of Alexandrians and the new arrivals, laying the groundwork for things to come. Rick would be unwise to dismiss Deanna as well-meaning den mother type who just wants everyone to get along and blend into one happy family. I'm expecting her to bring the hammer down soon.

Carol's little talk with the boy would have made me less nervous had I not known she is capable of executing a problem child. Good decision to settle for a serious scare and a cookie bribe, although the boy's mother might wonder about the nightmares that chat may likely generate.

Buttons was the second horse in the series to become a walker buffet. Seems like the poor animal should have had a better chance of escaping the walkers than the mount an unsuspecting Rick rode into Atlanta.

They are still playing with us - I can't stop thinking Stepford Wives when I watch the community go about its daily business. Sacha is messed up, but she is still right - it is a fairy tale being told while the world outside the walls has still not changed. The number of Walkers seen close by, including the one at the wall, shows that they are not as rare in the "evacuation" area as I thought, so the danger is ever present. It is criminal that those kids haven't been trained to use weapons, that the wives stay at home and make cookies, and that they watchtower is empty.
I don't know where Aaron has got his hands around De Lisle Carbine when it's one of the rarest WW2 guns in the world.
There were too many guns in the armory for a community that doesn't use them. There was more than one per person. That is also wrong, but they are in DC and I assume that this is a rich suburb where people might once have collected rare guns and joined shooting clubs. This group also like to collect things - food ingredients and motorcycle parts too.
I would say that they need to be really scared for finding marked ones coming near to their walls. But then again that is the salt of this series as we know it's not that easy to carve a marking on dead ones head. Someone is out there doing that, and that someone cannot be good because we already know what playing with zombies meant to the governor. We know how crazy he was for keeping dead daughter chained in a tiny room, not talking about the zombie TV he had made in the empty aquariums.
So far, we only saw one "W", however, it wouldn't be shown if it wasn't important. So, was it also important to show the kid marking Rick with an "A"? Is there a connection?

Oh there is something fishy going on in Alexandria for sure. I can't wait to see what it is. That house party was so out of place in the show, which was good. After everything they have been through I don't think I could go back to that either. But when in Rome; eat their food, sleep in their soft beds, and drink their wine. (although I would only drink it if I poured it)

Carol's scene was good, although I would have taken the kid out and told his mother she followed him into the house and he was trying to steal chocolate or something along those lines. Good to see she isn't losing her edge. I thought the horse was a little symbolic of Darryl, and he realized being along out there will get you killed. I liked his and Aaron's scenes.

No sign of that girl that scaled the walls was there? I have a feeling she comes from that place that marked the walkers and had their heads in that truck that Rick and the gang hit with the car by Noah's town.

I'm a little disappointed there are only 3 more left in the season. Hope the side-quel comes out this summer

Sacha is messed up, but she is still right - it is a fairy tale being told while the world outside the walls has still not changed.

In their timeline they have only spent day and half before the coctail party begins, and before that they were on verge of dying because of lack of food, while the people inside the walls are living in the world of yesterday. So who wouldn't be messed like that when they know what the real world is like outside the walls.

So far, we only saw one "W", however, it wouldn't be shown if it wasn't important.

There has been more than one sign, but you have to go back to straight at the beginning of this season to see them, and have eagle-eyes to spot as they are not as obvious as what similar kind of hints has been in the Doctor Who. :whistle:

Another episode that I like. Character building, scene setting, relationships building all for the final 3 explosive episodes that I imagine are going to happen. The scene with the horse was quite telling as it showed to Daryl that alone you cannot survive. The pervese part of me was thinking that Aaron was looking for a menage a trois...but on a more serious level I was intrigued that Aaron showed more fighting skills than any we have seen so far from the Alexandrians. He is one of the more interesting characters thrown up by the series so far. Cultured, a survivor, a killer, and calculating. Looking forward to next week.

Reactions: ctg
There were too many guns in the armory for a community that doesn't use them. There was more than one per person. That is also wrong, but they are in DC and I assume that this is a rich suburb where people might once have collected rare guns and joined shooting clubs. This group also like to collect things - food ingredients and motorcycle parts too.

NyHhRfq.jpg

That's a modded De Lisle. Not with original stock. Maybe rarer to find, but I think I have seen that particular piece in the youtube vids. Still an interesting choice, as has been all this season weapons. They get better and rarer further Rick's group travel towards the north.

Alexandria really is a mystery. I find it hard to believe that they have never been exposed to the insanity that's engulfed everywhere else and yet they seem so naïve about the reality of the situation. Deanna hiding something maybe?

The marked zombies and the references to the Wolves is intriguing. Can't wait to find out what that is about.

It's interesting that they're still going with the temptation theme. Now Daryl's been offered a bike and a role that suits him. Then he hesitates and has doubts about the guns that Carol stole. Rick hesitates as well, as he has his eye on someone else's wife.

Carol seems to be the only one that isn't getting tempted in some way. Go, Carol. :D