Benevolent Aliens Arrive on Earth and Share Their Technology But..

Tygrrsi

I am looking for a novel which I think was written in the 50s about a race of alien beings that arrive on earth and appear benevolent and helpful, they share their technology with humanity but not everyone is capable of understanding it. One scientist who is deemed not capable of progressing in his new learning goes home and takes apart one of the new alien technology based radios and puts it back together using only some of the parts showing that the aliens are lying. Can anyone help me find this novel? I thought it was called something like Geeks Bearing Gifts or Beware of Geeks Bearing Gifts but multiple search attempts have proved fruitless.
Thanks in advance.

I think it's The Greks Bring Gifts (1964) by Murray Leinster. I haven't read it (yet) but the title stuck in my mind. :)

In some respects it sounds like Earth: Final conflict pinched ideas from it. Those Aliens were not as benevolent as they claimed.

A computer Mouse can have implanted malware to put a Trojan on your PC, bypassing AV security, so Beware Geeks bearing gifts generally.

My vote is on Greks Bring Gifts by Murray Leinster
At around the same time Damon Knight wrote To Serve Man which is just as sinister but involves a Book with the Title To Serve Man.
it's a cookbook